Bad News

Chapter 42

Peter's pov

"Nice, Ed. Really nice." I say as he approaches me.

He nods. "Thanks. I would really appreciate it though, if they didn't ask about Aprel."

My eyes widen. "Wait, they know who she is?? Like her name and stuff?"

"No." Ed shook his head. "They just know that I have a girlfriend, and they were asking how she was. It made me just a little sad because she's back at home without me, being right next to her, where I should be, especially since she's not feeling well."

I smirk and lightly roll my eyes. "Okay, okay. I get it. You're worried. Now, get your guitar and let's head back to find out how she's doing. So you don't worry anymore, kay?"

After Ed and I said goodbye to everyone, we got in my car, and I began to drive home.

A few minutes had passed, and I had gotten an idea.

"Hey Ed, wanna go grab a bite?" I grin at him, and expected him to grin back at me, but he didn't. He looked- well, I don't really know the words. He just looked depressed. That was all.

I frowned a bit as I knew what his answer was. "Then, nervermind." I mumbled and continued to drive down the road.

Then, a little while later, I start to hear an ambulance. I turn my head, and surely, there was one. It was getting closer and I knew I had to stop.

"Peter," Ed quickly sat up straight and looked around.

"Yeah, I know. I'm gonna pull over right here- "

"No, look." His finger was pointing at the ambulance. I was confused but then I realized something.

"Ohh, did you want to follow it?" I smirk.

Ed stares at me in disappointment. Then shakes his head. "You don't take anything seriously do you? I meant, look at the direction it's going to. It's headed towards our neighborhood."

Then it clicks. "Oh! You're right. Hopefully everything is okay." I say, then pull back up on the street and drive slowly towards our street.

After I had turned down the road, Ed and I see that there are four or five police cars and two ambulances blocking our way through. Our neighbors were outside, and we figured we should be, too.

I parked my car on the side of the grass, hoping everything was safe and that this neighborhood wasn't filled with crazy people, and that my car wouldn't get stolen, or something.

Ed and I walked down the sidewalks trying to get a better view of everything, but the closer we got, the more people there was, and it was hard to see anything.

"Excuse me, you're Ed Sheeran! Is it okay if you show me some of your tattoos and tell me their meanings?" A girl came up to Ed with a weird smile. I became tense, but then what looked like the girls mom, was running as fast as she could towards us.

"Ummm... I'm sorry, love, right now isn't a good time. Maybe another day- hey! Wait a minute, you're the girl that asked me that last year." Ed backs away, and I get closer to him.

Then the mom jumps in and startles me. "Excuse me, I'm so sorry. My daughter, she hit her head a few months ago, and she repeats her actions. She's even beginning to hit her head again even though I tell her- "

"Alright, that's nice." Ed says loudly, then backs away and trips over his own feet.

"Ed! Bud, are you okay? Hey, what's the matter??" I ask him, then pull my arm out for him to grab so I could help him up. But he shoves my hand away.