chapter one

Beginning of sophomore year for Murda was regular, as she made it through the gates she smelled the vivid scent of varnish from the teak woody furniture in the rooms. This was Langton's best High school, the only one affiliated with the government and not an institution her parents afforded if she hadn't been on scholarship.

She instantly spotted Ver's smug yet cheeky smile as she made her way through the crowd towards Murda. They'd been friends for long as she remembered Veronda lived two streets away from her house with her elder sister Steph. Steph was in university and was taking archeology and politics, a strange combination and quite opposite to her little sister.

Veronda had been on vacations and Murda had spent her holidays quite lonely except being occupied at her photography workshops. Ver's face looked lightly tanned for someone who'd spent two months in Hawaii.

Ver gave Murda a slight hug and then proceeded to the reception to grab their schedules.
"Too bad, I have history to start this year with" Murda stated looking at her timetable she had four out if nine classes with Veronda and history wasn't one.
"I have Chemistry" replied Ver smirking. She d always loved sciences and planned on working as a forensic scientist. This was plan B. She wanted to be a military pilot.

Their interests didn't match except when it came to books. Both of them loved to read. Loved to read mystery thrillers.

Mr. Woodlore's lectures didn't make sense now whenever he mumbled something only half of that managed to escape his mouth. He was in his 50s he'd been their bisect Dean since a decade. It was last year that he had lost the senses of this right hand after 'an accident', one he was reluctant to talk about. Unlike the other professors there he wasn't stern or remote from his students he was willing to explain and re-explain. However it had been different since the accident.

"Students!" Shouted a clear voice from the other end of the room. " Before we start our lecture for today I want to you to take out your history textbooks and put them on the right corner of your tables"

Murmurs spread around. They.d never quite referred to the their books in these past years except at home and now this man in a shiny black tuxedo demanded them that.

"Your history professor wants your books. NOW!" Said a very stern voice as heels clicked and the principal Ms Sandra 'Holocaust' Andrew made her way into the room.

Books were placed on the desks and two boys in similar dresses came along collected them and took them away. Out went The Holocaust too.