Chapter 1

“What’s wrong slut did your boyfriend leave you … oh wait you never had one” Stephanie’s friends giggles and laughed as I passed them in the corridor. I was hoping that today was going to be good because it was Friday and Friday’s was always my good day but today was no different.

“Just walk away Stephanie, why do you have to pick on me, just because I’m more popular that you and all the guys keep ditching you for me” I snapped earning a few wolf whistles and hoots from behind me. I smiled and turned just to walk into Principle Salvian his broad shoulders blocking my view of the audience forming he had a look of disapproval on his large chunky face. I knew I was in for a test.

 “Miss Checker my office now! His deep voice boomed in the small corridor, Stephanie was giggling and snickering behind me I turned and stared daggers at her. The audience were howling behind Principle Salvian, it put a smile on my face to have some people except me, but they were accepting the bad ass Leslie not the lonely Leslie who has no family. The one I was always hiding. Stephanie was smirking, an evil smirk and was leaving me a path straight to the principal’s office I had to do the walk of shame down the corridor with all eyes on me I hated this in front of everyone it happened every time hence the Bad Ass Rep.

 “Now and everyone else back to class!” he bellowed at everyone in the corridor. They scattered about moving out of my way and heading to class.

………………

When I was sitting in the John’s office he shut the door and sighed a huge sigh then sat down on the chair opposite me. His face softened a little then he started getting up and walked to the bookshelf pulling a book out. It was a huge black book covered in dust and cob webs. He bought it over and handed it to me I just looked up at him and I he gestured for me to open it. So I did, as I opened it a piece of old dirty paper fell out and landed on the floor. I picked it up and opened it. It was a letter addressed to me with my oldest brothers’ hand writing on it. When I read the letter I felt tears well up in my eyes. The letter read:

Dear Leslie,

I miss you so much I heard about dad and about mum I’m sorry I left you to put up with that but I want to make it up to you now. Mackinnley passed away last week and I asked the school if I could take you home with me they had to get a lot of money from me so they wouldn’t blab about the gang but I want you home for the funeral I’m soooo sorry that I wasn’t there for you. I love you and Mackinnley loved you too.

Lots of love

Your mysterious brother

Rabbit. Xxx

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and my checks, how could he contact me after all this time it has almost been 15 years since I have seen him last and he never came to see me or send me any letters and now he decides to contact me that is so stupid but I wanted to get out of this hell hole so I’m taking his offer and I will join The Hooded Shooters. So I can get back at all the people who have ever hurt me. They will pay. I looked up at john he was back behind the desk typing on the computer. He never looked at me until he finished typing, he gave a stern look.

“So what would you like to do Leslie?” John handed me a box of tissues which I wiped my eyes with, I thought about the letter for a bit my brother needs me I have to help him. I looked back at John.

“I would like to go live with my brother and help him he is suffering a lot when would he be here to pick me up?” I was fiddling with my thumbs while John looked at the calendar on this computer he put the date in for when my brother was coming it was exactly one month before my birthday.

“You can leave on the 13th of march he will be out the front waiting we won’t let him in here just in case he hurts any of the students” John took the book off my lap “you have a home here if you need it! But you knew that right?” John was always like the father I always wanted but never got he took me in under his wing when I moved to Frankston East Boarding School. I got up from my seat and hugged john.

“Thank you for everything you have done I will come back and visit.” I slowly walked out of the room. Students were in the hall way grabbing books for 4th period and running to class, I didn’t think I was in John’s office for that’s long but it was lunch when I was taken there. I quickly walked to my locker, as I arrived at my locker I found a note on it with large black letters saying ‘JUST LEAVE US ALONE YOU  WHORE’  I ripped the note off my locker and scrunched it up, chucking it in the bin next to my locker. I can wait to get out of this hell hole but I’m going to miss John and Mary. I got my period three books out I had English we were reading the play of ‘Macbeth’.  I ducked into the bathroom before class and quickly reapplied my make-up and changed my top I always had a spare in my locker because you don’t know when you need it my old one was covered in dust and tears. I quickly threw away my evidence and walked to English. I arrived 10 minutes late and I got a detention on Monday.