Chapter 1~Day 1~

"Chloe!!" my mum called, for the 5th time in the last twenty minutes. "If you don't come down stairs now you're going to be late for camp!!" she added. 'Oh dear' I responded, loud enough so only I could hear. If my mum heard me she would probably cancel the holiday that she had been looking forward to with my dad, and I didn't want that.

I zipped up my suitcase, which was actually quite small considering I'd be spending 2 weeks in the camp. Yeah, two whole weeks. I prayed that this summer wouldn't be as lame as the others, at the previous summer camps that I had been to, although that was highly unlikely as they appeared to be all the same. I quickly sorted a backpack, in which I put in, my phone, makeup bag, a hairbrush, the few packets of cigarettes I had left from last month, and as much alcohol as I could possibly fit in, I suppose somethings got to get me through the next two weeks.

Before I knew it, it was time to leave, I made a double check to ensure that I had everything I needed, as it was impossible for mum and dad to drop me some more stuff off as they would be in America from this afternoon. The car journey was pretty boring, I mean when is a car journey exciting? Never. The majority of the way I sat with my headphones in, listening to an array of songs, new and old, whilst I rested on my pillow against the car window.

Thankfully the journey only lasted an hour or so, so I could finally get out of the sweaty car. Quickly I said goodbye to my parents, and they wished me luck, knowing how much that I'd been dreading camp this year.

After hauling my suitcase and other luggage up the steep mud ridden path toward the main entrance, I signed in and then sat in a side room where the dirty looking woman at the front desk said that my group would be. She also told me that a lot of people were delayed, in traffic and such, so to 'get comfortable'. I mean how comfortable can you get sat on primary school chairs in a room full of strangers?

When I walked in there was quite a few people already waiting. A boy who has long 'mop like' hair, which wasn't really a colour, like when you mixed all coloured paint together as a child. There were three girls who sat at the other end of the room. None of them really talking. The one closest to me had fiery red hair and a front fringe, she sat with her headphones in, staring at the wall. The other two girls beside her seemed to be talking a little more than what she was. There was the occasional statesmen thrown around between the two of them, 'I'm so tired', or 'I'm bored already', to which the other just nodded their head.

Around a half hour later, there were a lot more people in the small damp smelling side room, and soon enough the guide entered the room also. She was quite small, blonde, and dressed in the most ridiculous red & blue striped uniform you ever did see. The guide, who I learnt her name was Emily, talked to us a lot about the main rules of the camp 'no smoking' 'no alcohol' 'no sex' and especially 'no drugs', most of which I'd already done on a summer camp anyway, so I assumed people didn't really pay much attention to the so called rules here either.

"Right," Emily said. "Now that everyone is here let's start with introducing ourselves. I want your names and an interesting fact about yourself" just as she said that another group of boys walked into the room.
"Sorry we're late", one of them said. He was quite tall and had blonde hair, it had kind of a ginger tone, it was cute. There were four of them in total.
"Had a right palaver getting here! Missed the train, then when we eventually got on one it was the wrong one, then George forgot his pants!" Another of the group said, laughing to himself. This one was considerably shorter than the rest of the group, still a lot taller than me mind, but I was only 5'4 which was kind of weird for a girl of 17. The boy was dressed mainly in black other than the 'dark grey' shirt he was wearing underneath his battered leather jacket. He was also wearing DM's which were the same as mine. His hair was unusual, curly, kind of like a messy looking perm. It was a dark brown and curls hung over his face, no matter how hard he tried to push them back.

Before anyone else could interrupt, Emily began explaining the rules and then the game to the late comers. The 'game' began and in a circle everyone stated their name and a 'cool' fact about themselves. I was really struggling for a fact as generally I was a very boring person, I liked to read and that was about it. Maybe I'd say something about that.

"Hi, I'm Chloe, and my favourite novelist is Truman Capote." phew my go was over, and finally I could begin to relax again. Whilst other people talked to the group the boy with the curly hair nudged me, I turned to look at him "Truman Capote ay?" he said, as he winked, I smiled at him.

"Now guys, as you probably know, our camp has mixed gender dorms, so as I said before, I don't want to hear of any sexual behaviour coming from any of you." Emily began to talk again. The majority of the group laughed, as we all knew that someone would break the rule.

A little while after that Emily and another camp supervisor began to assign us to out dorms. Firstly the girls were taken to their dorms, and the boys would be escorted shortly afterwards.

My dorm was on the top floor, and was room number 102. Which was strange as that was my lucky number. The dorm was basic. Filled with 3bunkbeds, which would host myself, my only female roommate Ellie, and 4 other people. At the end of the room there were some tiny wardrobes and a dresser area. The view outside was nice. The lake and a little village, cut through the hilly countryside.

Soon enough there were knocks on the door, which presumably were the male roommates Ellie and I had for the duration of the camp. I opened the door, to the four boys who walked in late to the first meeting. We all greeted eachother and I was thankful that they were actually alright people. The boys were called, Adam, Ross, George, and Matty.  After chatting we began to put out stuff away in the tiny wardrobe space we had. The boys had already stated that they didn't mind living out of their suitcases, which was lucky as there were only 3 wardrobes which Ellie and I just about managed to fit our clothes in.

There were no events planned for today, as Emily liked to call it the 'greet and explore' day, which made her kind of seem like a grandmother. Myself and my roommates sat on George's bunk, which was underneath Ellie's.

"Okay so let's set our own ground rules" George stated, to which we all kind of nodded along waiting for him to continue speaking.

"I'm not gonna lie, we do drugs, smoke, alcohol, that lot, you get what I mean? So if you all promise not to spill to anyone else about what we have then we can all share?" he said waiting for our replies, again we nodded. I stood up from the bunk, and walked over to my backpack. "If we're all gonna share then I may aswell put this in the pile for us to share too" I said as I handed over the alcohol and cigarettes I'd stashed away in my backpack. George put everything away in his bag, then put the bag in the safe keeping box which luckily we all had a key too.
I can already tell that this summer is going to be better than the rest.

--------
A/N, super sorry that this half of the chapter is so long, I just wanted to get a general feel for the story and characters. The others should get shorter and include more dialogue between characters! Enjoy! Or not, I don't control you :) X