Storms

"Maggie! It's raining," Glenn giggled and finally let Maggie drag him past the front door of there house and into the storm outside, "I don't even have a coat... And gees your wearing a t-shirt!"

"So? It's not cold," she took both of Glenn's hands and smiled up at him, the rain plastering her brown hair to her face.

Nothing drastically bad had happened in Alexandria in weeks and, whilst the rest of her family were idly sitting around and waiting for the inevitable, she decided to make use of the safety Alexandria offered them in this moment.

"Mags... What are you doing?"

"Having fun!" Maggie let go of Glenn, jumping into a fairly deep puddle and covering them both in muddy water. "I'm bored of everyone mopin' I wanna make use of the safety we have right now, cos we dunno how long it's gonna last!"

"And you think splashing your husband is fun?" Glenn chuckled at the pointed look Maggie scolded him with before splashing in a puddle himself.

Eventually they were plastered in so much mud that it was hard for them to even recognise each other.

Maggie, deciding that she didn't want to waste a pretty good opportunity, grabbed a load of muddy grass and dirt and flung it onto Glenn's neck.

"Oh no you didn't! I'm coming for you now Greene!" Glenn threatened before chasing Maggie down the streets, eventually getting close enough to dump some into her hair.

"GLENN!"

"MAGGIE!... A) you were filthy to begin with and B) you did it to me first."

"Whatever... I'm getting cold..."

"I told you, you would," Glenn replied with a smug expression, wrapping his arm around Maggie's shoulders.

"Don't say I told you so, you weirdo."

"Come on, let's just get cleaned up... Also you're the weirdo."

"Yeah... Yeah."

Glenn pushed open the front door to their house, much to Carols dismay, "Glenn! Maggie! What the hell have you been doing?... You're filthy!"

The rest of the group burst into fits of laugher, "you guys having a meeting or something?" Maggie inquired as if nothing was different at all.

"Yeah..." Tara ran her eyes over both of them, "but err please don't join us looking like that!"

"We won't, we'll be down when we're clean," Glenn took Maggie's hand and forced her up the steps, both trying to quickly rid themselves of the dirt, once done each threw on some hoodies and pyjama bottoms before heading downstairs.

"Hey! Look who finally decided to join us!" Rosita exclaimed before grabbing the last cookie from the bowl.

"We missed food?" Maggie asked before a yawn escaped her lips.

"Uh huh, should've come down sooner." Tara smirked, throwing her head back and emptying her bowl of crumbs into her mouth.

Glenn gently guided Maggie over to the last remaining chair in the room, sitting on it himself before pulling Maggie down onto his lap.

"Glenn, I can sit in the floor," Maggie grumbled as she let out an even bigger yawn than before.

"No, you're exhausted, just try not to sleep cos otherwise I'll have to carry you up and I'm not good at that," Glenn giggled, receiving a small tap on the chest from Maggie which he assumed she meant as a thump. And much to Glenn's anticipation, she did doze off, snuggling deep into his chest whenever he tried to move to a comfier position. When the meeting was over, he promised Rick he would fill Maggie in, in the morning and then waved his family off as they either left the house or climbed the stairs for bed.

Glenn, not wanting to wake Maggie just yet, pulled a book off the stand next to him and started reading. He was halfway through the second chapter when he saw a large brown clump in Maggie's hair. He chuckled to himself as he realised it was a chunk of mud from earlier and threw it in the bin next to his seat.

"I love you Mags... And your slightly weird personality, I wouldn't have you any other way."

............

Hey, so I know I've been updating this a lot, I really enjoy doing these short stories...

I will update my other stories soon... (Fingers crossed) but yeah...

If there are prompts you'd like me to do please comment or message them to me as they'd really help and I need some more...

Please like and comment what you thought of this chapter! 💚💚👍