Never alone

"Huh... This is stupid..." Glenn pushed his face into his palms before staring up at Maggie.

"When's your next run?" She sat beside him and took his hands in hers.

"I've gotta go get ready in ten minutes." A sigh escaped his lips, "what about you?"

"I'm on watch till this evening." They both sighed again, "while you're gone I'll talk to the council, see if there's anything that can be done, maybe shifted?" She continued to look at him for awhile before standing, taking his hands in hers, "hey, we'll sort it... I mean they can't always be usin' both of us right?"

"Right..."

.............

Over the next few days, the couple almost never saw each other, and on the rare occasions they did it was usually a quick goodbye before a run or a small conversation during a meal, before one of them would have to leave quickly for a duty.

"And how longs this run?" Annoyance was clear in her voice as Glenn calmly took ahold of her shoulders.

"Five days... Look Daryl's gonna be there and Michonne... Nothing's gonna happen."

"That's not what I'm worried about," her voice was quiet and Glenn noticed a slight quiver of her lips. "We never see each other anymore."

"Yeah... I know..." He pulled his wife in for a hug and set a delicate kiss on her forehead before grabbing his bag. "I love you..."

"I love you too." She stared at him for a moment before speaking again, "be safe."

"I always am."

................

Night was almost falling and the dim rays of the sun only just illuminated the road he should be coming down.

Maggie turned to Sasha who stood next to her, "time?"

"About six."

Maggie absentmindedly fumbled with her fingers, "they should be back by now."

"They will be."

After another few minutes she looked back over her shoulder, she could see Carl help Rick and Carol carry logs to the warm embers of a camp fire. "Tyreese won't mind being on watch right?"

"No... I think he'll enjoy a break from the bustle of people around here." Maggie smiled for the first time in a long time, she could finally relax with her husband.

And, as she turned her head towards the road again, a familiar pair of head lights caught the dim evening air. She stood back from the gate and breathed a sigh of relief when Glenn grinned at her through the passenger window. The back of the car was packed with bags and crates.

Glenn jumped from his perch in the car and met Maggie for a hug, smiling all the time. "Told you I'd be ok."

"I didn't doubt it for a moment."

"Don't tell me you've got another job now?" Maggie nudged his stomach gently with her elbow before she let him clasp her hand in hers, replying:

"Nope, and neither do you... Rick's organised a bonfire type thing tonight and neither of us are on the rota for tomorrow.

"It's a miracle." Glenn joked as Maggie lead him towards the now brilliant blaze.

...........

Maggie pushed away the plate of food her husband was offering her, "ate earlier..." Her excuse seemed to convince Glenn, so instead of eating she fluidly set her head down on his chest, in favour of the warmth his arms offered her over the chilly night breeze. The motion of wrapping his arms around his wife's form had become so familiar to Glenn that he barely even thought about it anymore. His fingers found her hair while his other hand locked together with hers.

Carl chuckled at the two as Rick's eyes ever so often reverted back to the couple, before he eventually had to inquire: "you guys are umm being extra together-y tonight... Why?"

Maggie stared at Rick in the eyes, she was fully aware of the scene they were making to those around them, as the lovers usually did 'couple-y' things in the privacy of their own cell but it had been days since they could properly cuddle together and if she wasn't able to get out of this get together then no one was gonna stop her from finally being with her husband.

"Rick..." She sighed gently before continuing, "when making the rota I'd appreciate it if maybe you'd let Glenn and I actually be able to see each other... At all really..."

Rick's face went a deep red and Glenn silenced a chuckle at Maggie's blunt answer in her hair.

"...sorry..." The leader then diverted his eyes towards the burning flames of the fire, embarrassment clear in his face.

..............

"So we've got the whole day?"

"The whole day..." Maggie smiled, "Sasha's taken over my watch because she knows how little time we get to be together now and the council have decided that the last run team are probably too tired or something like that to do anything remotely useful... Ok so maybe I had a little say on that but there's more than enough people around this prison for us to have just one day off."

"So what are you planning for us to do?" Glenn ran his fingers up and down Maggie's arms before she clutched his hands.

"Cuddling... Then food..." A small smirk appeared on her face.

"Sounds good to me."

Glenn rolled back onto the bed, letting Maggie crawl in beside him, "hey you're on my side." She giggled softly into his neck.

"I'm not moving... Too tired." Maggie fidgeted against him, "do you want to cuddle or are you gonna continue to move?" He asked, letting a hint of amusement enter his tone.

"Shut up..." He had his arms wrapped loosely around her waist and her head was buried deep into his neck, after a few minutes Maggie chuckled, "you're pretty..."

Glenn knew this stage of tiredness in her, the stage where she almost acted drunk due to exhaustion completely taking over her.

"Thank you... I think you need some sleep though Mags..."

"Can't..." She protested moving her head so she was looking at him in the eyes, "you haven't kissed me."

Glenn sweetly leant down and pressed his lips to hers, letting his fingers run across her cheek.

"I love you Glenn... And I will never stop!" She smirked at him slightly before muttering a sleepy, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I love you Maggie." Glenn smiled at the soft breathing coming from his wife. His Maggie... "You're the one I don't think I could live without." He let his hands softly stroke her hair as he too dozed off next to her.

..................

A/N

Sorry this is bad... I just needed to get something up and this was a really good prompt from: VintageFandoms so thanks!!! 💚💚

Please like and comment what you though rand leave prompts for any other chapters I still have one prompt to do then I'm gonna need some more!