Chapter 1: Her Butt Could Beat Kim in a Showdown

C H A P T E R O N E:

HER BUTT COULD BEAT KIM IN A SHOWDOWN

Her straight light brown hair almost a caramel color is currently being held against its will in a holder. Julie's lips are currently wrapped around a straw sucking the sweetness from the cup. Starbucks. Her best friend, Lauren Donaldson, sits next to her holding an identical cup, but with a phone in hand.

The warm summer breeze is brushing their hair back and forth trying to free itself from the holder. Her maroon colored top with blue jean shorts is her casual outfit for the day. The duo is sitting the park watching the people walk by them.

"Oh my gosh. Julie! Hello are you paying attention. Did you see that girl's butt. Her butt could beat Kim's in a showdown." Lauren babbles on about. Lauren was her gossip girl. Not that Julie even cared about the latest gossip, but sometimes it was interesting. It a few moments something would catch her thoughts.

Julie's eyes peer up. "Do I need to hear any latest gossip, or can I ignore this week like usual?"

Lauren's big bright blue eyes light up with realization. "Oh geez. I can't believe I forgot to tell you. I know how you're going to feel already. You are going to be like who cares they're already a bunch of idiots that live in my neighborhood. So who cares and-" the brunette cuts her blonde headed friend off.

"Laur, would you just tell me. You really need to stop this babbling habit you got. Maybe I need to cut you off of her coffee addiction."

Lauren shrugs her shoulders. "My talking about gossip is the only thing that keeps us intact. Your the know-it-all, while I'm the girl who can't stop talking. Anyways what was I saying again?"

"You're about to tell me the latest gossip remember?" Julie reminds her making Lauren roll her blue eyes.

"Well guess who is moving next door to you..."

Julie sighs flipping her ponytail to the side pulling her blue red sunglasses down onto her eyes. Hiding her emotion was what she is best known for. "Lauren, I'm not in the mood. Tell me what jerk I'm going to have to live next to again."

"Okay fine. Geez. What rat went up her butt and died?" Lauren inquires shaking her head before feeling a small kick followed by a tiny pain to her ankle. "Ow fine. It's Dex. You know Mr. Badass, or as you call him Mr. Asshole." Lauren says with a clear smirk on her face.

A pale complexion comes across Julie's face. Her body sudden feels heavy and filled with the sensation of worried. "You're kidding right?"

Lauren shakes her head worried about her best friend who was a pale white on her face. The blonde scoots closer to her friend, laying her hand carefully on her shoulder not to startle her.

"Are you okay, Jules?" The talkative one asks her friend with a frown on her face. The brunette shakes her head back and forth, setting her plastic see-through cup to the side. Her legs pull up to her chest. Her one brown and the other dark green eye stares up at the clouds trying to take her mind off of her new neighbor.

Julie was born with a disease called Heterochromia iridium. It is when two different colored iris are in one human being. It is a very rare disease.
Her palms begin to turn a sweaty sensation. She quickly wipes it on her pants and it becomes sweaty again. The worried feeling that Lauren had to begin with increases by a little more. Her eye brow furrows.