14)Ajax POV

"Eyes on Fire" by Blue Foundation

A/N I still have A LOT of editing to accomplish before publishing so please have mercy. lol
Happy Reading!
-Alycat1901

**********************

AJAX     P O V
He knew the night he shared with Mia was wrong. Ajax knew he should not have consumed alcohol that one lonely summer night. He had seen too many members of his immediate family turn into utter barnacle heads given too much alcohol. He disregarded all rationality to lose himself in one moment. Now there was no going back.
Downing a bottle of the finest champagne Dionysius had to offer was enough to do something foolish such as Ajax losing his virginity to a near stranger. Still, he had been tired of being the near-sainted good son. He resented being the one perfect child of Lord Poseidon and Lady Amphitrite. Even though his elder brother Triton was technically his father's heir, it was always expected of Ajax to be the responsible one. The one who always held a rational head on his shoulders. The one everyone expected the most from.

His sisters lived their own lives and quickly got married as to not deal with their parent's rule. They were married off by fifteen; only his sister Rhode remained married to her husband Helios. Coral was the free spirit. All in all, the three eldest of Poseidon's children with Amphitrite married who their parents told them to because prophecies dictated.
Not Ajax; he took a virginity pledge on his sixteenth birthday in order to flee his fate of marrying someone he did not love. It was all done in order to prolong his inevitable doom. He cared deeply about his virginity pledge and truly took it seriously, but alcohol that one single night numbed his usually rational senses.

He didn't care about losing his virginity to his sweet Mia; she was the only person alive who did not look at him and hold astronomical expectations. She didn't look at him and see the exceptionally wealthy prince of all seven seas. She only saw him. The woman wouldn't even allow him to spend his wealth on her! She simply enjoyed spending time with him doing mundane human things such as hiking or building puzzles together. Never had Ajax been near a woman who did not watch him with lust-filled eyes. Granted, the two of them were amazing together in the physical department in his mind. Still, Mia did not merely want to jump his bones like many goddesses and nymphs had wanted to do to Ajax during his almost three-thousand years. She saw more than skin deep.

Unfortunately, Ajax should have realized that attempting to woo the beautiful mortal was a very grave mistake. He had been betrothed to his malevolent nymph since he was barely a boy learning how to fight. It was only within the last fifteen years that his mother began thrusting the marriage upon him rather forcefully. Amphitrite wanted to make the nymph Goddess Aura his wife to solve a throne controversy of two royals uniting a kingdom. While Aura became queen of the south winds, Ajax was to be her king. He however wanted no part of the marriage. His fiancé knew it too, she simply did not care.

Now Ajax lay torn with the knowledge his mother and betrothed now knew of the human girl he made his unintentional mistress.
He couldn't bring Mia home when she fainted; she lived rather close to the ocean in her small apartment she shared with her vivacious roommate. If Ajax were to allow Mia to go back to her home, he was certain his mother would send a massive hurricane to completely obliterate her.

A fierce fuming ignited in the god upon realizing Aura wanting him at that specific place for supposed wedding plans was most likely due to her finding out about Mia all on her own. Ajax wasn't sure how or when, but he knew the witch discovered his dalliance with Mia. Aura made his mother force him to meet them at that wedding venue to stage the ambush of Mia discovering who it was whose wedding she was planning. Ajax hadn't a clue she was planning his own wedding! He felt certain this could not have been coincidence. The odds were too astronomical that Aura wasn't devious enough to stage the encounter.

He was in trouble. Aura's parents would be enraged over his loss of virginity. That fateful night Ajax was not expecting Mia to press a kiss on his surprised lips. She seemed lost in the moment before she grew frightened and tried to run off. It was easy for Ajax to catch her. It was after all, not a fair fight given he was immortal with enhanced abilities, and she was merely human. Still, they had something when they kissed. It wasn't merely attraction; it was utter magic that ensued every time their lips touched. Somehow their further kissing progressed to so much than that, and that was where things went wrong. Ajax was no longer a virgin, surely that would insanely irritate Aura's parents considering they thought two virgin immortals were marrying each other. Ajax's life as he knew it was over; many immortals were now going to be quite enraged over he and Mia's tryst.