Chapter 3 - It's Your Fault

I wake up to a loud bang in the room next to mine. I see moonlight seeping in through the window and yawn. It's late, and I'm too tired to move.

But I fight my drowsiness and throw my legs over the side of my bed. Slowly I walk to my door before listening to the creak of it open, and I see Gray and Kale in front of my door pointing fingers at each other. They haven't even noticed me...

I look for the source of the bang and find a hug hole in the wall. I sneak over to Gray before tapping on his shoulder. He jumps before turning to me and scratching the back of his neck. "Um, hey?"

I motion towards the wall before seeing Kale trying to sneak away. "Kale come here, and Gray what's this hole?" I ask, almost yelling, but keeping my voice down so that I don't wake anyone.

"A hole." He retorts and I have to hold myself from taking my dagger, that I keep on me, and stabbing him. I instead bring my fist to his face, making him put his hand over his left eye.

"I'm not dumb." I say before looking at Kale and Gray . "Who made the hole?" I growl and they both look at each other before pointing and saying, "Him." at the same time.

I mentally face palm myself, remembering that these two are the worst things to happen to this village. Together, they've destroyed a few crops, broke my mother's necklace, almost killed people, came close to burning a house, and now a hole in the wall.

"That's it!" I scream, making them both jump. "Gray, I'm tired of your carelessness and selfishness around everyone and everything! And Kale, I'm tired of you giving into Gray's taunts and deciding to fight him. Until I say otherwise and until your family leaves Kale, you two are both banned from this building!" I shout, tired of their reckless behavior.

I see Gray look at Kale with a blaming look in his eyes, Kale doing the same. Lord Carson and my father come running up to us, probably thinking that my screaming was a cry for help or something. I watch as Kale and Gray slowly walk past the three of us to the door.

"What was the screaming and yelling about?" My father asks and I point to the wall. "I'm tired of the reckless behavior so I banned them from this building." I say before looking at Lord Carson. "I'm sorry, I should have asked you first, but I couldn't take it anymore." I cry and he shakes his head. "It's alright, I have seen how those boys act. I'm surprised it took this long for you to tip." He laughs and my father joins in, but I just smile before walking into my room.

I sit on the window seat and stare out the window, just now noticing that it's storming. I watch as memories of F'Ryth flash through my mind. "I need to find my friend." I whisper before I jump up and rush to change my clothes. I grab my cloak and pull the hood up to cover me from the rain.

I open my door, checking to see if anyone's still in the hallway. It's clear. I rush down the stairs and out the door before noticing Gray and Kale down by the docks. It looks like they're arguing. I sigh before sneaking closer to hear what they're saying.

"You're the reason we were kicked out in the first place!" Gray yells and I watch Kale tackle him. "It's not my fault, you're the one that let your jealousy get the best of you." Kale argues. "So you're saying it's my fault?" Gray laughs before punching Kale. "It's your fault!" Gray yells and keeps trying to fight Kale, but Kale keeps blocking.

I decode it's better to let them get their fighting out, and I leave them be while I walk up to the stables and grab my horse.

I ride through the rain until I'm at the ritual area. "Maybe he left a clue somewhere." I whisper to myself before realizing how delusional I'm being. He left so he was safe, and so you were safe...

I sigh, but still dismount and look around. It's better to know then to wonder...

I slowly walk to the small ritual circle before I hear something in the woods. I jerk around to find a boy about my age. He looks like a demon boy....

"Who are you?" I ask and he looks at the ritual spot. "I came here to close that." He whispers while staring at the circle. "You can't step on these sacred grounds without permission." I say and the boy looks at the circle before looking at me.

"I didn't realize it had a keeper." He says and I shake my head. "No, we don't have keepers for any ritual areas. They have proven to be no harm, so we leave them be." I explain and the boy gives me a 'really?' look.

I roll my eyes before stepping aside. "You may look if you're that worried." I say and he nods before stepping towards the spot. "Gladly."

I mount my horse and leave the boy be, remembering what I had planned to do. I will find him and the other...

I ride until it's almost midnight. I feel drops on my skin and that's when I finally realized what time it was. My horse rushes inside the gates and the first thing I see is guards staring at me like lists puppies.

I put my horse in the stables after explaining why I was gone all day. I look for Gray to see if he was going to accompany me tomorrow, but when I find him, he's on the ground unconscious with Kale. I sigh and call two guards to get the boys.

I guess they're just going to have to learn their lesson...