Finding Followers... or Friends?

So now you've got a brand-new profile... now what? Well, what we've been working towards has been popularity, basically. We've been putting so much effort into our profiles, so that when others see it, they'll want to know you for your humour, kindness, creativity, our whatever it may be!

Some of you may not know of this, but Wattpad has a sort of illegal trade. It's not anything that could get you into real trouble, but Wattpad may give you a warning if you decide to engage in any of this. Wattpad makes these rules because they want their site to be about writing and skill, not people following or voting for each other blindly!

People do engage in this trade, promising votes for votes, or follows for follows. While most of these users are genuine, there are those who are not. Some may accept your payment and leave, without giving you anything. But if this is not incentive enough for you to not participate in this trade, you should still do what is right, because Wattpad is a site for writers, not shallow people who want to become popular for the sake of their own egotistical happiness.

What about the people who earn their follows through designing graphics for others? Well, they do it honestly, and that's what matters. Usually, it's a fair deal on both sides - a follow (or something else) for the designer, and a graphic for the customer. However, asking for votes as payment is illegal.The rules that apply to designers, apply to critics, or editors. Critics or editors make others' writing better, and thus contribute to the writing on Wattpad.

But here is the dilemma - do you want followers or friends on Wattpad? The never-ending debate - is it more important to have friends or followers?

Wattpad is still a young site (it recently celebrated its 7th birthday!) and changes are being made all the time. One of their changes was the title of 'fan' to 'follower'. Many people felt like this was not a good choice, as it seemed to drop the value of 'fans' (the people who love and support a book with all their heart) to 'followers' (people who are blind as to what they are reading). What do you think about this? Has this change degraded fans, or rightly labelled them as followers?

A/N: If you liked this chapter or have a suggestion, please vote and comment! Vote if you'd like to hear more from me on my guide! Comment with your answer to the last question! I want to know what you think! As always, you can PM me with any questions. Tell others about this guide to help them too!

See you next time