01

They came on a Friday. There was nothing from them in the first ten days. They lured us into a false sense of security, waited until we had relaxed then came at us all guns blazing. Hitting us with an electromagnetic pulse that knocked out all the power.

I'm talking ALL our power, cars stopped, planes fell out of the sky. We were sent back to the 19th century.

I was in Algebra when the first wave hit, I was sat texting my best friend Cassie.

'Guess who's sitting right behind me?'

Her first message said. This was then promptly followed by a creepy stalker picture of Ben you-were-some-kind-of-serious-gorgeous Parish. I laughed to myself and shook my head when I saw her next text.

'Want me to tell him you're available for end of the world sex?!'

I started typing out a reply, something along the lines of 'don't you dare' but then my phone screen turned black. At the same time the classroom lights flickered out.

Our teacher made a failed attempt to shush us and tell us it wasn't anything to worry about but theories were already bubbling around the classroom.

When I saw it out the corner of my eye, a pile up of cars just outside the school. I rushed to the window, followed by everyone else. We stood gawking and some people got bored so headed back to their seats to nurse their dead phone.

I felt the heat of the explosion through the classroom window, I had to turn away to avoid getting blinded. I turned back to the window and saw the remains of a jumbo jet, burning all over the road.

The Principal knocked on our door just then and told us, rather hurriedly:

'All pupils to the assembly hall. Now.'

I found Cassie on the bleachers, two rows behind Ben.

The two of us discussed our theories.

'It's the Others, I'm telling you.' She said defiantly. 'What else is going to be able to knock out all of our power?'

I nod, not really listening, my eyes drifting towards the brunette boy sat two rows in front. He's laughing. Oh and look! It's that famous Ben Parish smile. The one that's made me go weak at the knees since the third grade. The one that's so painful to look at because never once has it been directed at me.

'Dylan?' Cassie said waving her hand in front of my face trying not to laugh.

'Yeah, yeah sorry Cas,' I nodded and I was thankful for the lack of light in that stuffy gym hall because it helped to hide the many shades of red my face had turned.

'Talk to him. You have to. I mean it's the start of an alien apocalypse. You guys could be like something out of a movie!' She said looking at me seriously.

'And what exactly would I say to him? He doesn't know me. I barely know him.' I said, protesting valiantly.

Cassie didn't get a chance to reply because her father had walked in, he'd come to collect her. Just like my father would be any minute now. My mom was out of the country on a business trip, so Dad left work early to pick me up. There was nothing for him to do anyway, he was a computer scientist.

My mom never came back.

Cassie and I said our goodbyes, they were somewhat emotional but both of us held it in, I wanted to be strong for her and she felt the same.

That was the last time I saw Cassie.

Coincidentally, that was also the last time I saw Ben Parish. Sitting in that dark and stinky gymnasium. The two of them probably died in the third wave like the other ninety seven percent of the population.

The other ninety seven percent of the population and my brother and father.

After the third wave, a deadly, genetically modified virus the Others sent down, it was just me left.

I decided I'd rather risk my life out in the forest rather than be one of those creepy hermit people that stay at home during the end of the world.

I packed my backpack with a couple of changes of clothes, some emergency supplies, tinned food, some photos of my friends and family and a few of my favourite books. I love to read, not that I really get the chance while in the middle of an alien attack but you know for sentimental reasons? When I was done being all sentimental I upped and got the hell out of town.

So there it is the first official chapter of 'Aliens Are Stupid'!

Also, this is late.. I'm sorry hahah

I reeeeeeeeaaaaaalllly hope you enjoyed it but as I said in the Authors Note I'm aware my writing here isn't up to scratch but it will slowly get better.

Like seriously, if it doesn't. Shoot me.

I'm joking.

But actually, I go back to school this week :(

So shooting me could actually be an option.

Anyways,
Vote and comment your opinions.
I'd love to hear them!!

Lots of love
- Jasmine x