The party

Ten dresses arrived for the party Emily chose the green one because it reminded her of Legolas, he wore green she thought to herself as her face lighted up like a chandelier. It was just a week after she returned but she felt like it had been a year she was in no mood for any social gathering at that time but since her parents have thrown a party she had no option but to attend "You look beautiful" Ellie's eyes widen as she saw Emily walking down the stairs.

"I forgot how I looked liked in a dress" Emily chuckled "Green wasn't your color, you remember" Ellie smirked.

"But now it is and you know why" Emily giggled.

"If not me who would know" Ellie tried to control her laughter as she saw Mrs wood coming in "you both look like true princesses" Mrs wood smiled.

"Thank you" Ellie blushed.

"You look beautiful" Travis said as he hugged Emily. Emily did hug him back but not as a lover as a friend she knew her feelings for Travis completely died after what happened at first she thought it was her fault but now she realized it wasn't Travis did change he was not the same anymore, he was not the same person she fell in love with and he was not the same man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. It broke her heart but she didn't cry because she didn't have a reason to. I hope Travis understand this she thought as they walked into the party. Hundred guests were invited to the party it was lavish party, the Wood family host over the top parties. After some merry making food and wine Mr wood proclaimed Emily as the official heir of his company everyone clapped with joy and cheered for her.

Travis came up the stage as Emily stood there with her father "I've an announcement to make" he smiled as he got down on one knee "Emily Woods, will you make me the happiest person alive by marrying me?" He asked. Ellie dropped her champagne glass in shock as Emily just froze in horror as she touched her ring finger with her thumb, the ring Legolas gave her was still there she was out of words and in confusion. What shall I do? In front of these people and my parents I can't even reject him she thought.

When all these were happening in Emily's world in the other world Legolas and Roland were exploring new places together. It kept their mind busy fighting orcs and knowing new places but there was not a moment when Legolas didn't think of the lady. He didn't know if she would ever come back to him or not, the only thing he wished for was for her to be happy and safe where ever she was. I'd always have a piece of her with me he thought as he wore her gold chain around his neck only at night he pulled it out and looked at it and the memories they shared were the best part of his life. A thousand years will pass by but my love will live on and middle earth will know he thought On the other hand Roland had a bracelet Ellie gave him, it belonged to her. She gave it to him while they were together at the clearing he kept it on his pocket. Legolas notice that if they halt Roland always put his hand inside his pocket. Legolas didn't know why but he thought Roland had something precious with him as he always put his hand on his pocket whenever he got time, and that's how both the elves had a little piece of the ladies they both love with them but they never shared with one another.

**********

Thank you everyone who read 'the ring of love'. I've always been a fan of fantasy movies and The lord of the rings & the hobbit have inspired me for years. This story is related to them but in my very own version. I've mixed the modern world and the fantasy world together for a change, this was my first work and I'm an immature writer I'm sorry if I've disappointed anyone of you. I'm sorry for the mistakes I've made in names, places or anything relating to middle earth.

XO.