10~ Memory Lane

Felicity's POV

I guess I'm wanted now by my own company. Nearly killing the boss probably has got them on my tail now. Great. After escaping the building I got my car and drove back to my house. The whole way my mind was on Seungcheol, and the fact I would never see him again. My water works decided I had an unlimited supply of water as I didn't stop crying.

As I approached the house I was expecting to see some kind of secret services squad ready to shoot me down but surprisingly it was normal. I parked up and got out with my bag. I walked up to the door and it opened without me getting my keys out. Forgot to close the door Cheol?,  I mentally asked him. I imagined him laughing and scratching the back of his neck whilst trying to find a way to answer. I smiled to myself but it quickly went and I entered the house. It was a mess, just how we had left it, but signs of someone living here was evident. A pile of dished in the sink, clothes everywhere, things misplaced. I walked around until I felt a crunch under my foot. I look down to see glass on the floor. I look up to the set of draws where some pictures had stood but only one stood now. It was of me and Seungcheol on our honeymoon; it was shattered. He must've lost his temper. From what I could see, Cheol stayed in the house waiting for me to come back. But I never did. So he must've come after me.

My tears got heavier as I thought about him. If I had been rational and come back then we would've sorted it out, everything would be okay, he would be alive. I broke down crying again and fell to my knees (my hundredth time today). Out of anger I punched the floor, unfortunately forgetting the glass that laid there. I looked at my fist to see multiple tiny cuts, a few still had glass in them.

I finally got up from my fit a tended to my hand before making my way upstairs to the room me and Seungcheol shared. I looked through the wardrobe, trying to find the pin pad to get to my secret safe. Instead, I found a beautiful black dress. The dress I had worn on the day Seungcheol proposed to me in a fancy restaurant he had taken me to. I smiled, remembering his hopeful smile and the glint in his eyes as he got down on one knee and pulled out a velvet bow from his pocket then opened it to reveal the diamond and topaz ring I wear now.

Suddenly I remembered something; today was our wedding anniversary. The irony. I also remembered we had booked the same restaurant that he had proposed to me in to have our dinner. I guess it will only be me celebrating it. More like mourning.

Later in the evening...

I sat down in the restaurant at a table for two. I had told the waiter that my husband will come soon. I wore the same black dress. It dress stopped half way down the thigh then had black lace around the hem, around the waist was a thick, grey belt and from it a light, transparent material in a dark grey shade flowed down to my ankles. 

I made sure to put waterproof makeup on as I knew I would be crying a lot tonight. I ordered a bottle of white wine and started to drink it whilst thinking over the memories me and him had, had. The day met, our marriage, the honey moon was the best. I remembered how we would talk about having a family soon; we would have at least four kids. I laughed at the memories of at carnivals and how scared he got when we went on roller coasters.

I got so lost in thought I didn't realize that I had drunk a whole bottle of wine.

"Don't you think you've drunk a bit too much there Licy?" I heard a familiar voice approach then sit down at the seat opposite me. I looked up and froze for a moment. "I mean this is a bottle for two, you should've at least waited for your husband right?"

"Cheol?"