Okay Circle

(Y/N)'s Point of View

My gaze never left Gally's as Alby stepped forward to explain to me what the rules were. "Ok, so he's gonna try to push you out of the circle while you gotta last more than five seconds. Got it?"

"Yah." 

Alby stepped to the side of the circle. "Alright, on me."

"Don't expect me to go easy on you just because your a girl," Gally called to me. 

I lifted my hands in a(n) (orthodox/southpaw) stance, preparing for what my opponent might do. "Good, 'cause I need a good fight."

"You know, I've defeated many opponents in this very circle." Ughhhhh, he's trying to brag now. Whatever. 

This somehow feels like second nature to me, so I think I'll be okay.

"3, 2, 1, fight!"

The first second he had, Gally charged at me. I observed him. he was unprofessional, sloppy, and careless. There is no worthy opponent here, just a boy who's all talk. 

Just as he was about to tackle me I side stepped to the right and spun to bring my left foot down on his exposed back. I quickly jumped away from his sprawled form in order to stay a safe distance from any arms or legs trying to make a last effort to bring me down. 

He quickly got back up with his back to me, trying to regain his posture. It's my turn. I swiftly charged at him and, using the tactic Gally had hoped to use himself, I jumped, stretching out to reach for his middle back, tackling him to the ground. 

I stayed there for a second before jumping off to observe my handiwork. 

Gally, once again, lay sprawled on the ground, the air knocked out of him. 

Before I knew it the five seconds were up and Alby stepped forward to me and held my hand up. "(Y/N) wins!"

The crowd of boys cheered for me, some came up to clap me on the back while others were just too shy. Maybe some of them were just too scared. But what do I know. 

I made my way through the crowd to where Gally now sat trying to catch his breath. I crouched down to look him in the eye. "Are you going to be okay?"

He looked up to me and I couldn't help but notice the slight blush on his cheeks. "Uh, yeah. I'll be fine."

I stood up and held out my hand for him to take. He didn't take it at first, but when he did, I let a smirk place itself on my lips as I helped him up.