Special

No one's POV

It had been three days since the incident and the Box was due at any time. The Glade had gone back to relatively normal. Everyone was still grieving over (Y/N), but they knew they had things to do, which also helped keep their minds off of her. 

(Y/N) would occasionally stir in her sleep, or wake up in a trance-like state, catching the attention of the med-jacks. They would yell out to whoever would listen that she was up, but she would collapse on the bed as soon as the other Gladers found their way to the homestead. 

Gally had made it a point to visit her before breakfast, during break, and after dinner. He could stand the fact that he could not do anything as she lay on the bed, fast asleep. He would lightly caress her cheek and tell her what was going on in the Glade. He would tell her everything that he has been feeling, how he wanted her to be ok, how he wanted to hold her so badly, how he was just so frustrated with Newt and his attitude. 

Newt was beginning to become the main source of suffering in the Glade, making everyone work harder than they ever had, just because he couldn't get the one thing he wanted with Chuck, Gally, and who knows who else around, while he sat in the lower floor of the homestead, contemplating the multiple explanations for her suffering.  

No one could tell what was going on. No one could tell that there was something special about her, that she was special for being more than just the first girl in the Glade compared to the numerous boys that had come before her.