four

yoongi and jimin walked down the first street of the town. frost covered the grass, and their breaths were both noticeable, gray wisps that quickly disappeared. jimin kept his hands in his pockets to keep them warm, but yoongi was too busy pointing at buildings to notice his hands were cold.

yoongi had been explaining each store, restaurant, and any building they passed briefly. jimin listened carefully, making sure he remembered everything yoongi had explained. he wouldn't be going far away anytime soon.

"and this is the pet shop," yoongi pointed to a small building with paw stickers on the windows and a big sign that read "new puppies".

 "here, follow me," yoongi grabbed jimin's sleeve and walked inside, greeting the owner with a big smile.
"may we see your puppies?" yoongi asked. the owner quickly nodded and leaded the two to the back room. there, a pen was set up for the small puppies to play in, and toys were in a small bin near the pen door.

the boys quickly got inside the pen and soon, the owner came back with two puppies for the two to play with.
the dogs quickly ran over to yoongi and jimin, and jimin was quickly knocked over. yoongi grabbed one of the puppies and plopped it in his lap, petting it.

jimin quickly sat up before he could be covered in dog slobber, and he grabbed a puppy.

"these two dogs are cute," jimin chuckled, gently pushing the dog away from his face.

"i see three," yoongi mumbled, looking back at the dog in his lap and smiling.

___

after helping the owner with putting the puppies back, yoongi dragged jimin to a small café across the street. jimin ended up ordering a coffee to-go, since yoongi still wanted to show him more of the town. they went to the little park on the other side of town, then the motels, then the farmer's market, and by the end of the little tour, it was already night time.

jimin rubbed his eyes, following yoongi back to the castle. yoongi would have brought him to his room quickly, but he was interrupted by an older woman who rushed towards them, frantic.

"oh, prince yoongi, you have to forgive me, you must!" her voice was high-pitched and elegant. she quickly grabbed yoongi's hand and began to rush down the hall, and yoongi grabbed jimin's hand too, pulling him along with them. they reached the library and the woman pulled them to the back to show a small boy, about age eight, hiding in one of the bookcase shelves. the woman let out a sigh of annoyance and began to walk away.

"the boy decided to intrude into the castle," the woman explained, obviously not caring. soon, it was just the two and the little boy.

"hey there little guy," yoongi greeted, but the boy pushed himself farther into the bookshelf. jimin softly pushed yoongi to the side, crouching  so the little boy and him were level. jimin looked back up at yoongi.

"let me handle this, you get some rest," he whispered, and yoongi sighed, caving in.

"okay, thank you, jimin," he whispered back, waving goodbye. he walked out of the library, and there, it was only jimin and the little boy.

jimin pulled the coat that yoongi gave him off, stretching it towards the little boy.

"here. i'm sure you're cold," the boy crawled towards the coat and inspected it before putting it on and zipping it up. jimin stretched out his hand towards the boy. the boy hesitated before grabbing it and pulling himself out of the bookshelf. jimin smiled, grabbing the beanie of his head and putting it on the little boy's. soon, the boy was leaned against the bookshelf, and jimin laughed, yawning right afterwards.

___

wOOAHH I UPDATED THIS STORY AAA