Chapter 10 Pouty Faces and Potty Mouths

Chapter 10

Pouty Faces and Potty Mouths

Now I won't say I'm a saint, I mean, look at me, I kill stuff all the time, but I'm no sinner either. I kill that which kills others.

Akumas are machines of destruction. Using the souls of the dead and controlling them is beyond evil. It hurts me to think that sometimes it's humans that help in this massacre.

I've studied these evil things plenty of times. Every detail I've ever learned of them is lodged in my mind. Though there's a thought that nags at me. What happens to the souls?

I stepped off the carriage and onto the road. A large building stood before me. I wonder how tall they'll be able to get buildings in the future? right now a third floor is pretty tall for average buildings.

The steps leading to the door were made of stone though they weren't the type of stone that looks brand new and pretty, these steps were crumbling. I almost don't trust them. But like a lot of things, crumbling is normal and doesn't mean giving way at the very moment.

I looked around. The bag over my head doing nothing to stop me from seeing. Stupid akuma doesn't even know that this eye of mine, can see everything. Stupid, stupid akuma. A chuckle sounded from within the building, I can't say I wasn't frightened by the voice. It was a voice I knew, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Where had I heard this voice? I don't think it would matter if I could recall it anyway, seeing as how I'm probably going to the voice anyway.

The voice kept laughing, the akuma opened the door. Suddenly, I no longer could see anything. "Dang!" I thought, "they must have a force field or something." I almost chuckled at my own words. A force field? What am I? 7?

The akuma kept walking. And walking. And walking. Where are we going anyway? I slouched, the akuma hit my back, "keep walking." I shuttered in pain. You know how I was disappearing? Well, I'm completely whole now, only probably, I'm not exactly sure I'm whole. Because, you see, I almost feel as if my back was taken out of me. Not as if that's even possible, but it just feels that way. I mean, the way my whole back feels like its covered in liquid and really cold with like a layer of heat just resting on top of it.

I'm imagining things. I must be. Why would an akuma not kill me when it had the chance? I'm dreaming. That's the only possible explanation for this.

"Oh, but you aren't dreaming my dear." The akuma stopped and turned. He pulled me onto his shoulder, as if I would run away at this point, though I was kind of think I would, you know, because I could. Because screw the man! That's why. I heard the creak of large doors opening, it reminded me of when I activated my innocence. Memories rushed through my mind, taking me back to the time that now seemed so long ago.

I turned my attention back to the door. It was way taller than me, and I wasn't short. Okay, I was pretty short. I gave the door a pull, it didn't budge. I tried again and again. It was not even looking like it could move. A small voice filled the room, "push," it said. I felt that same chill down my spine. I looked around again. I still saw nobody. That voice couldn't have been my inner voice, I know what that voice sounds like. This voice was a voice I did not recognize.

The door in front of me sounded just like did then. I think times were better then. I didn't have the memories of being train by some of the world's most strange people. All the generals were strange. All strange in their own way. What happened after I opened the door? I thought real hard but all the memories I had were in a weird order.

I thought, harder, and harder. My shoulder started to burn. My innocence. That's right! I finally activated my innocence. It was strange too. Almost all that happens around me is strange. The innocence's voice. What was it like again? I dug through the tangled memories, looking for just the one. Oh, yeah.