Chapter 11 The Will to Fight

Have you ever felt lost in a day dream?

That's how I felt right now.

Rhode strode over to me cautiously, "how ya holdin' up?" She wore her usual stripped leggings, and a her short little skirt. I'm starting to wonder if their clothes ever get dirty or if their closets were just full of the same outfit. I snickered at the picture that formed in my mind. A closet filled with only things of stripes or suits.

"Do you ever wear anything else?" I asked her.

She glanced at her outfit, "now that you mention it, no." She looked at her outfit one more time before looking at me with a wide grin.

"W-what?" I stuttered out.

"You're going to go shopping with me!" she exclaimed.

Oh dear... How shall I get out of this? Or try to at least.

"You know, your skin, not to sound racist or anything, makes you stand out..." My sentence trailed off. That totally sounded racist.

"Not to worry!" Rhode sang, "I know how to deal with that." The air around her moved, and I swear it sparkled just a little bit. Her skin changed from this grey to a white, the crosses along her forhead vanished as well. "All better!"

"Wow~" I walked around her, examing. Her skin was completely different!

"Cool, huh!" I nodded. I paused, what was I doing? I slapped my cheeks! This is no time to be fatranizing with the enemy! I looked up and glareed at her. I don't think she got that she was the enemy, "what?" she asked with a tilt to her head.

I sighed, "nothin'."

Rhode skipped ahead of me and grabbed my arm, "I know a great town for clothes!"

"Oh," was all I could say before I was whisked away.

Rhode took me out of the building and into the people filled streets of Sweden. It was late spring but still pretty cold. I shivered as we ran, but the air suddenly warmed. I closed my eyes at the abrupt change.

Sunlight hit my eyes, making them squeeze more shut then they already were, if that's even possible. I opened my eyes. My breath was taking.

I don't know where we were or how on earth we ever got so far in such a short amount of time, but the scenery was gorgeous. The sound of the ocean crashing against the cliffs and beaches. The smell of the wild lavender that grew everywhere. The sight of the sun setting behind high mountains. I was in awe for a good 20 minutes.

When I finally caught my breath, I turned to rhode, "where are we? and how did we get here?"

"We're on the eastern coast of France!" She said with delight.

"Oh, I see. France. WAIT WHAT?!?!" how on earth did we get here in only 10 minutes? we were in the northern part of Sweden! that a couple weeks trip by train!

Rhode giggled but didn't respond to my question, instead she pulled me along to look at all the shops.

She was right, there were many shops here with really cute clothes.

One had a window filled with frilly dresses and skirts, another had a window that had nothing but colorful shirts and skirts.

I can't say that one shop is better than another with all the stuff they have! One store had one of the most ugliest dresses I had ever seen! But right next to it's rack was a rack of one of the most darling skirts ever!

I giggles along with Rhode as we ran through the crowded streets of Marseille in

Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azu, France.

Rhode picked up a dress and handed it to me, "try this on!" We had already been in about 6 shops, and still we had bought nothing.

I took the dress and went into the dressing room. The fit was snug, but easy to move in, I think I like it.

Rhode then made me try on about 27 more dresses before exiting to go to yet another shop. Geez for one place it sure had a lot of clothes shops.

"Why aren't you getting anything for yourself?" I asked Rhode, "that is the reason we came." We walked passed yet another dress shop, licking our ice cream, not really caring about the clothes anymore. Ice cream is good. I don't know how its made, or what its made of, but I really don't care. Its delicious!

"I'm fine with my outfit, but why didn't you get anything?" Rhode looked at me quizzically. So not constantly shopping is considered weird for a human girl, going to keep that in mind.

"Yoleduyd [yOl-dude-]" I replied.

"What?"

"You Only Live Every Day Until You Die."

"Again, what?"

"I don't want to waste my time shopping or falling in love, there's so many people I've grown to love, I want to protect them. Shopping would only get in the way of that."

Rhode looked at me, her eyes seemed so sad, why?

We stalked in silence. I turned to my thoughts for company. I have to defeat my enemies if I want to protect Allen and the others. Suddenly an image filled my mind. Allen laid on the ground. His left arm separate from the rest of his body. A man I recognized walked up to Allen, or his arm. I think his name was Tikki.

Tikki took Allen's arm, the arm turned into innocence. No. The man's hand slowly closed. God, no. Allen laid motionless, tears streamed down his cheeks. Please, no. The innocence was crushed in the man's hand, and he laughed. "NO!"

I crumbled to the ground, Rhode having the same sad eyes. What? Did she know this would happen? "You bastards!" I stood up. My eyes shut. It hurt too much to think of anything other than the hate welling up inside me, "I'll kill you all!"

=A/N=

Did women wear pants back then?

I think they did, maybe not.

I think that's the thing I don't like about it being set in the past.

Well, I've made it to 11!

Yay!

truthfully, I never thought it would make it past 1...

Thank you to those who read, and comment, and of course vote!

I hope to see you all, and more in the next chapter!

Spoiler: Will love blossom when Kura's mind is in chaos?

>///<