Chapter 8

Nico rolled over in his sleep as the morning sun blared in his eyes. He slowly opened them as the events of yesterday flowed back to his mind. Jason was supposed to come over soon, and he's bringing Chiron.

He rolled over on his back to stare at the ceiling, waiting for Percy to come up and lick his face like he always did. But instead, he heard snoring beside him, soft, but louder than what you would expect from a dog.

He turned his head and jolted up from the sight of Percy, human Percy lying naked beside him. "Percy!" he shouted and wrapped his arms around him. Percy groaned and rubbed his eye over Nico. Once Percy realized he had a human hand, his eyes widened and he looked down at Nico on his chest. "Nico!"

Nico actually did have tears in his eyes. Percy's voice, his warmth, his soft lips on his, it was all back. He had his boyfriend back.

"What happened to you?" Nico asked as he wiped his eyes. Percy sat up and wrapped his arms around Nico as he thought back to what happened before he was a dog.

"Your dad," he said into Nico's shoulder. Nico pulled away to look at him. If his dad did anything to Percy to harm him...

"When I died, he changed me into a dog, as a joke I guess." Nico frowned, Hades wouldn't have done that. "What happened exactly?"

Percy told Nico the whole story after his death,

Percy was led by two furies to Hades's throne room. After waiting for a long while, he was glad to finally be moved out of that line.

Hades was waiting for him with a conflicted look on his face. Percy was guided in front of him, then the furies left. Percy was about to say something, but hades beat him to it. "I don't know if I really want to do this, it goes against everything I stand for."

Percy frowned up at him in confusion, "huh?" Hades turned to human size, right in front of Percy, giving him a cold glare. Percy decided he wouldn't say anything else until he was asked a question.

The god sighed, "My son is distraught, I don't know why, but your death has completely wrecked him." Percy felt bad, thinking of how sad Nico must've been, it made him wish more than ever to be with him.

Hades muttered under his breath, he was mad, really mad. "Here's the deal, Jackson, I'm doing this for him, not for you, not for Poseidon, but because I kinda owe him. And if I don't it, he will soon enough." Percy was still confused on what the heck Hades was talking about.

The god smiled, "however, this doesn't mean I can't have some fun with this." Percy really didn't like the look on Hades's face. "Um, could you enlighten me a little?"

"I'm going to give you your life back, but, with a twist." Hades snapped his fingers. Percy felt his body changing, tingling, and taking a new shape. It was over as soon as it started, Percy was on all fours as a large dog with black fur.

Hades smiled down at him, "now, I will send you to New York, Nico will find you soon enough." Percy tried to say something, but it came out as a weak bark.

"Shut up, you'll be human again, once I feel satisfied. However, you need to promise you won't send Nico down here, I don't want to deal with him." Percy barked, he tried to protest, but it never came out as words.

Hades snapped his fingers again and Percy was on the streets of New York, right in the middle of a crowd of people on the sidewalk.

"I was on the streets for a few days, some people were willing to leave me some food on their doorstep. I was so relieved to find you, Nico."

Nico wrapped his arms around Percy's neck, he still smelled like dog, but Nico was just glad to have him back.

...

They messaged everyone, Chiron, Percy's mom and Paul, Jason, Grover, Annabeth, Hazel, Camp Jupiter; in just a few hours, their apartment was full of their friends and family. Everyone wanted to hear the story, so Percy told it about one hundred times. No matter how many times Nico heard it, he still couldn't believe his father did that for him.

The emotional get-together soon turned into a party of sorts. Leo called it a "welcome back Percy" party.

Nico stayed with Percy the whole time as he walked around the room talking to Tyson, Annabeth, Jason, and so many others. Percy had his arm around Nico the whole time too, except when he gave someone a hug.

After an hour of talking to everybody, Nico pulled Percy aside into the kitchen. "I didn't know I was so badly missed," Percy said with a half smile. He pulled Nico in for another tight hug. Watching Nico struggle with him dying was easily the hardest thing he ever had to watch.

"Can you please never die again?" Nico asked. It was a stupid thing to say, and he felt like an idiot after saying it. But Percy said, "I'll try not to."

They were silent for a minute, then Percy whispered, "it was so hard to see you like that Nico."

"You think it was easier for me?" Nico asked. Percy shook him head, his green eyes looked as if he was thinking back on the memories.

"But you're alive. Let's not focus on the past anymore."

Percy nodded, "I love you, Nico." Nico blinked away the burning in his eyes, "I love you too."

Percy had to hold back a few tears as well. "Hey, at least you don't have to walk me anymore." Nico laughed as Percy pulled him in for a long kiss.

The end.

Sorry if it was cheesy but how was the story as a whole? 

Thanks for reading. I hoped you enjoyed it :)