A Disturbing Theory

Since the two of them had become established as a couple, Adrien and Marinette often seemed to be in a world of their own. The two of them spent a large amount, if not all of their time together, and they always looked so happy, so relaxed with one another, that they were easily the envy of most people in their entire school. If they hadn't got looks for Adrien being Chat Noir, they would have definitely gotten looks for the way they interacted so lovingly.

They spent time apart, of course. They interacted with their other classmates as they normally would, or what had become normal for them. Many times their conversations took a turn towards Adrien's superhero actions. Not always, but often enough for Adrien's liking. He didn't dislike answering those questions... But there really wasn't a lot to tell them without revealing secrets he couldn't share with his classmates.

He was covered in a small series of blue bruises and crimson cuts. They were clearly from his work as Chat Noir. He wasn't able to hide those well. They were deep, particularly the ones from Rampage. They wouldn't disappear for a few weeks. Thankfully the majority of them weren't on his face, so he was able to mostly hide them.

Chloe still wasn't acting as her normal self. She remained silent most of the time, barely even acknowledging anyone else. While this translated as the rest of the class having practically the most relaxed and stress free few weeks in recent memory, Adrien had known Chloe his entire life. He felt somewhat concerned for her. Never had he seen her acting reserved like this. he had bigger things to worry about, but there was an odd part of him that wanted to make sure she was okay.

Today was a big day for Adrien. Ever since Rampage had attacked and kidnapped Ladybug. and Adrien had destroyed the smartphone that had been used in place of a camera, the young blond had been trying to find a way to repair said phone. Interrogating the victim, the citizen who was Akumatized to become Rampage, revealed that it wasn't actually the bodybuilder's phone, that it had been delivered to him shortly after his transformation. Meaning it had come from Hawkmoth directly. Adrien thought that if he was able to access any information from it, it could help him and his lady track down Hawkmoth.

And then they could finally end this craziness.

It was a big day because Adrien had received a text from the gadgets shop he had taken the phone to be repaired. Despite the extensive damage Chat Noir had caused to it, he had been assured that repairing the phone would be a simple matter. Hope had flared throughout the teenagers body once he heard those words. Within a few hours, the information to end all of this could be in the palm of his hands.

The day was Thursday, meaning they had a session of double Science. Adrien understood all of the various sciences quite well, bar Physics, his weakest of all the Sciences. He understood it all rather well, but he struggled with it in comparison to the others. He sat in his class with his head in his hand, bored out of his mind, and barely even focused.

"Upon the falling object reaching terminal velocity, the graph of speed and gravitational energy becomes even, and constant. For an object like, for sake of example, a bowling ball, this cannot increase. However, for a human, this can change. Can anyone tell me why this is?" Ms. Mendeleiev questioned her class. she always sounded like she wasn't even asking. More like she expected someone to shoot their hand up and answer without hesitation.

In that regard, at least, Adrien liked her. She was one of the few teachers who didn't particularly treat him any differently despite knowing of his alternate identity, which was what he had asked for. She seemed to be the only person in the school who complied with that. then again, she might be enjoying the opportunity to have authority over a superhero. "Adrien?" She seemed to call his name out a lot.

With a reluctant sigh, Adrien gave his answer. "Human's can change their shape, thus lowering wind resistance, and increasing terminal velocity."

"Excellent."