Chapter 1

(A/N this story might be triggering for some people- if you feel triggered by self-harm or abuse I would not read this- I will give warnings for people who still want to read it though) 

It started a little over 1 year ago... when I was diagnosed, when I decided to go to my dorm room just to have a little sleep- just because I was tired...

That day I didn't wake up for 13 days- I mean I was in a different world, a world much crueler than this one, a world that is made up by me and my memories... My room mate realised that something was up when I was acting zoned out- spacey even, non respondent to her and not attending my classes which was rare for me, seeing that I was what people call a 'nerd' someone who got straight A's- someone who never missed a class. I still got up to eat and drink but- I wasn't in control of my body, I was still in my hallucination.

I sat in front of my TV watching another episode of Supernatural end, I hadn't gone to college since last year, my best friend or brother is always with me- which I hate because they have to hold up their life for me, all because of my sleeping disorder called KLS- Kleine-Levin Syndrome, I go to bed scared to go to sleep, in case I don't wake up the next morning.

"Selena, Did you go to bed last night" my older brother yells from the kitchen-he insists on me having a good nights sleep- he thinks that it makes my KLS less 'strongish' (in his words)

"Adam take a random guess" I yelled back to him from my bedroom. My bedroom is near the kitchen, the guest room and my brothers room so if I need anything someone is 1 yell away.

"Selena come here please" he yells back at me. I groan and pull myself up from my bed and pause the show. I open the door and walk into the kitchen.

"Adammmmm heyyyy" I grinned at him 

"When did you go to sleep last night" he raises an eyebrow

"well do you want the truth or a lie?" I mock him while raising an eyebrow

"truth would be best Selena" he frowns at me

"okay truth is I didn't get any" I throw my hands up in mock happiness "yay" I roll my eyes

"Sel please you need to get on a good sleeping plan" his facial expressions soften as he pulls me into a hug, he just doesn't understand how hard it is- how hard it is to go to sleep not knowing when you next will wake up. Dead to the world...

"I'm sorry- however Supernatural was on netflix and I couldn't resist" I look him in the eye "soooo how's that girl you have been seeing- Fiona was it?" seeing the blush on his face made me laugh all the more

"she asked me to go on a trip around England next week" he said his face dropping a bit

"ANND what did you say?" I grinned at him choosing to ignore the sadness lingering on his face