Chapter Five

((here is a picture of Ian! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment xoxo. Also, feel free to follow me on my Instagram @missviolet613, I will follow back❤️😊))

I stand there, watching in a stunned silence as Tristan, Nikki and Dylan are pushed into the room, followed by many other kids. I immediately recognize some of them as other kids who were on the island with us. But there are others; boys and girls who I don't recognize at all.

Once everyone is shoved inside the room, the door closes, sealing us all inside the small, strange room. For a few speechless moments, everyone stares at each other with the same blank, tired looks on their faces. My eyes meet with Tristan's from across the room and he gazes at me, those crystalline, blue eyes burning into mine. 

My eyes then swivel to Dylan and Nikki, who are standing right next to each other. Dylan has his arm draped around her shoulder, pulling her close to his body. His dark eyes meet with mine.

Then finally, Dylan breaks the deafening silence.

"Well I never thought I'd see you guys again."

Everyone stares at him, resuming the painful, awkward silence filled only by a continuous humming noise coming from the screens.

"Looks like there are some new faces too, am I right?" Dylan says, looking around the room.

The uncomfortable silence continues.

"Alright, well I tried to make this a little less awkward," Dylan says, sighing.

The truth is, we are all too miserable to talk right now. It's as if my voice box has been removed; I feel like I have lost the ability to utter a single word.

Suddenly, there is a loud crackling sound, followed by static. Everyone looks around frantically, trying to find the source of the noise.

Then, the static is replaced by a voice. A voice that sends shivers down my spine and makes the hairs on the back of my neck prickle up tensely.

"Welcome, welcome everyone. We are so pleased to have all twenty four of you together in one room," Hal's voice echoes.

I can't tell where his voice is coming from; there doesn't appear to be any speakers or intercoms in the room. The most chilling part is that it sounds like he is right inside this room.

"Fuck you," I hear Dylan mutter angrily under his breath.

"Now remember, if you all cooperate, things will turn out much better for you. But if you don't behave, we will have to do things...the hard way," Hal says icily.

"You expect us to cooperate?!" Dylan shouts incredulously, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Dylan, shut up," Nikki hisses.

There is a long silence, then finally Hal says,

"All we are asking you to do right now is sit back, relax and enjoy the show. And remember, this is all for the greater good."

Instantly, all the lights click off, the only light coming from the screens on the wall. Then, all four screens turn black, leaving us in pitch blackness. There is a sense of panic as everyone stands in the darkness, breathing heavily and grabbing onto each other. I reach out and grab Ian's hand, squeezing it in mine.