Chapter 1

Hey guys hope you guys like this chapter more. I'm gonna dedicate this story to SamiSurplus for two reasons, 1 because she wrote the first comment :D, 2 because she pointed out my wrongs ( Thanx you Sami!) so yap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adelaide's P.O.V

"Goooooooooood mornin AMERICA!-" I shut my alarm before the news man could go any further.

"Ughh" I said, pulling the covers over my head as I saw the sun out the window.

"So you were sayin Al how is the forecast ther-" I pushed the alarm again.

Stupid man, stupid alarm.

"Knock, Knock, Knock. Adelaide wake up! We wouldn't want you to be late for school!!" Fran, the housekeeper, said.

"Fran, I don't want to go to school." I whined.

Fran let herself in aand pulled the sheets off my whole body.

"Oh shush child. You know you have to go. No school means no education and no education means-" "means no job and no job means no money, I know, I know Fran shush." I said getting up from bed.

"I'm going to take a shower okay." I said and going to the bathroom, not waiting for her response.

I turned on the hot water on and got undressed. The hot water burned my body not like secound hand burn, but you get me. I got out after a few minutes and went to get dressed. I went to my super huge closet that held only a few clothes since I wasn't really a big spender, as they say. I chose some regular jeans with a red tee shirt and a sweater with my black chuck taylors. I tied my hair in a messy bun and went downstairs. I smelt hash brown and scrambled eggs and went to the kitchen, my nose guiding me.

"Mmmm. I just smelt the food and just thought that it was calling me." I said smiling.

I sat at the table where the food were. On my plate I put some eggs, hash brown, bacon, and grilled cheese.

" Thanks Fran." I said, grilled cheese full in my mouth.

"Oh sweety, didn't I ever teach you not to eat and talk at the same time." Fran said laughing and sitting opposite to me.

"Oh franny, I love you too." I said swallowing down my grilled cheese.

Fran just shook her head. I was looking for the syrup but couldn't find it.

" Fran where is the syrup?" I asked her.

"Oh Adelaide, are you really gonna do that now?" Fran asked.

I got up from my seat and went to the fridge, looking for my syrup. When I find it, I go back and sit in my seat.

"Eh you say tomato(toe-ma-toe) and I say tomato(toe-may-toe), I don't jude you." I say pouring the syrup all over my food.

I love how the bacon is salty and mixes with the sweety deliciousness of the syrup. Same with the eggs and the hashbrown.

"Goodmorning Sweety and Fran." Dad said, making me jump.

"Uh hey dad." I said.

"Morning Mr Boro." Fran said blushing for some odd reason.

Dad came and sat at the end of the table. he table went silent. I really didn't have a connection with my dad. Eversince I found out he was in a mob, wait excuse me, the leader of the mob and that there were people after him, to kill him, but instead they killed my mother. I still have nightmares of it. I can't nor will I ever forgive him for what happened. I felt my throat tighten.