TwEnTy

Niall's P.O.V.

I was pacing my bedroom back and forth, gripping my hair in my hands.

Why? Why does Louis have to like me? What the hell has gotten into him?

As I was walking, I noticed plaque of the Take Me Home tour hung in my bedroom, so I walked over to it and took a good look at Louis.

I've got to admit it, he's quite gorgeous. Thin lips that are the color of Armeria flowers, eyes deep as endless fields of green, and—Hold on, do I really like him, or am I just doing this for his sake? I get that he likes me, and that he would be heartbroken if I rejected him, but I have to think about myself too!

 I mean, as far as I know, I'm not gay. 

I like girls. A lot. 

But what if I'm bi?

Ugh, I have to take my mind off of this for a while, I thought as I walked back to the living room and took my phone off charge, then pressed on the FaceTime app. Before I called the person that I had gotten closer to than ever before in just a week, I had to compose myself. I looked like a wreck in my camera, and if Zayn saw me like this, I know for sure that he'd be worried. Once I got back to my natural state, I pressed the phone icon next to Zayn's name.

"Hey," I said once he answered.

"I've been waiting for you, angel," Zayn stated creepily as he showed just his eye on the camera.

"Zayn, what the fuck? Why are you acting so shady? And for fuck's sake, show me your entire face!"

Zayn's P.O.V.

I noticed that Niall had quite a tone when I was just trying to act silly.

It was probably that prick Louis that made him upset, I thought to myself as I clenched my fists, which were not visible to Niall. Likewise, my entire face, excluding my right eye, wasn't in his view.

"Niall, lad, what's wrong? You seem a bit angry," I said as my face backed away from the camera a little, just to have my entire face in the phone frame.

He sighed, rubbing his temples. "Nothing, Zayn, it's just . . ." He let out another sigh before continuing. "Nothing, nothing at all. Thanks for your concern."

"You sure, Nialler? If I need to beat up a bloke, trust me, I will."

When I said 'a bloke', I hope he realized that I meant Louis.

"Yeah, man, I'm fine."

"I won't ask about it again then, because I don't want to bother you. But mate, let's just get this clear, yeah? Whatever the problem is, you can always tell me, and I'll give the best advice I can, no matter how hard the solution is."

He put his head in either one of his hands, chuckling. "Thanks, Zee, I really appreciate it. It seems like my friends are making more problems for me than helping me nowadays. I just wanted to get away from my problems and talk to you about whatever shit we usually talk about."

I smirked to myself, knowing that Niall comes to me and always relies on me for comfort.

Maybe he does like me.

But maybe he just thinks of me as his best friend.

But then again, there's always a possibility of us being a thing.