by god's will.

Someone in this room, now this is a very important fact to remember, someone in this room will die in the next 10 minutes. Shocking I know.

Okay, okay, let's all calm down. Let's take a breath and relax. An accelerated heartbeat only leads to fear which leads to irrationality and that kind of mindset is not going to save you. Calm and relaxed. Calm and relaxed. *breathe in and out twice*

Now, you were all given wristbands when you entered the door. And in a lucky someone's band, I have placed an electric device, not un-similar to a taser. Flowing through their band is 35 milliamps of current and a voltage of 60. Enough to kill
You don't know who's it is. But you're all going to find out. I suppose it will be rather obvious when that person collapses from electrocution. Your challenge, however, is to stop this from happening by finding the band.

*Watches group amused*

There's no point trying to check the doors they're all locked, the wrists band can only be undone by cutting them and we have no scissors. Be creative people, get those colorful juices following. How are you going to get out of here? How are we going to save this poor person from death? Any ideas. What if we go around the room. Let's all make a circle. Come closer, come closer. I won't bite. Alright, who'd like to start? Man in the green shirt. Any ideas sir?

*pause*

Ahh, a good guess. Perhaps there is something differentiating the bands. Shall we all look and see. Compare the pair. Is there an odd one out?

*pause*

I'll think you'll find that your bands are all the same. A good idea but never the less, at this moment in time a failed idea.

*pause*

Come on, Come on. Ideas, Ideas. Anyone? No-one?
This silence is suffocating. Can anyone else feel it welling in your throats, tightening your esophagus? Mixing into the fear coursing through your veins. *speech becomes melodic* Pumping, pumping, pumping. Silence and fear. Silence and fear. Your fear keeps you silent but it's not going to save you. Time is ticking friends. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick Toc, Tick Toc. We can sit here as silent as you want but someone's going to die. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.

*Pauses on one person*

How very polite of you to raise your hand. I'm not a teacher, though, feel free to shout whatever you like.

*Surprise fills face*

A pig? Thank you for your observation. I am quite like a pig. A little bit pink *gestures to shirt*, a little bit snouty (pushes nose up), *snorts*. A fine observation but calling each other names is useless, wasteful ideas, wasteful observations.

Perhaps that is what's happened here. You've missed the one clue because you've wasted your ideas. What everyone seemed to miss is that your wristbands, though made with impeccable quality, are plastic. Which if anyone had bothered to listen to their science teacher, they would know does not conduct electricity.

*pause*

Don't you just love a good plot twist? So if you all have bands made of plastic who is it then. Who's the one to die.

(Hold up metal band)
I had hoped someone would notice. If they did it meant I could be saved. That everything I've done wrong in my life could be undone and I could go free. If someone saw my metal band, it would have been by gods will. But it seems that this is not that fate that was intended for me. A shame.

*Moves to press button*

The doors are unlocked, you're all free to go. It's been nice knowing you. I hope one day, I'll see you again.

*Falls to the ground*

Authors Note: Hi everybody. So here's a new monologue for you! As per usual, this person is a little creepy, a little crazy but oh so fun! aha ha
So I've done a rough timing and it's about 5 minutes long. Again, like my other monologues this could probably be shortened or lengthened by blocking and timing. I'm thinking about maybe lengthening this one anyway.

Some idea's I've had though is to maybe being adding a little character profile at the end of these, just so you can get a sense of what I think these characters are like?
Also I've been toying with the idea of possibly doing a re-write of my monologue Split. I wrote it many, many moons ago and even though many people seem to like it I think I could make it better? Let me know what you think about these!

Thank you so much for reading! Bless all your souls!

Lots of love Xx