Chapter 41

It was the following Monday night when I received the most random text from Hail.

Any chance you can come over? I have a surprise for you...

Of course I was more than a little curious as to what this surprise was but more than that I was aware of the fact that it was a week night which meant that his parents were more than likely were home and meeting them was something I wasn't exactly prepared yet for. Not to mention spending time with Hail whilst knowing that Lucas would only be a few feet from me did not seem like the best idea either. Trying to not sound to worried however I replied to him as best I could.

Whilst that sounds tempting I wouldn't want to intrude on during family night...

His reply was quick and sharp I noticed and didn't leave me much time to ponder over his words.

Don't be silly, my folks are away visiting my grandparents and Lucas is out for the night. Please come over, I want to see you Ava.

My heart stilled for a slight moment upon hearing that Lucas was out for the night. I possessively wondered where he was and desperately wanted to know with who, because deep down if he was out with other girls I would be horrified and probably a little bit heartbroken. Although that idea in itself would be highly hypocritical considering how much time I spent with his brother which really was beginning to become unfairer as the days went on. Just another reason why I no longer trusted myself around either boy because I wasn't sure what more would happened the longer I spent time with them. Erasing such thoughts from my head I made the executive decision to go pay Hail a visit anyway.

Give me half an hour. I'll see you soon.

~

Just as I finished changing into some warmer clothes for the colder evening I passed my parents in the living room on my way out.

"And where are you heading out to?" Asked my mother with an inquisitive gaze.

I knew it wouldn't be right trying to lie to her or my dad any longer, especially since they now knew about Lucas but something told me I was still lying since I wasn't technically going out with Lucas tonight, but rather Hail.

"Just heading out to meet a friend." I calmly explained.

"At 8pm?" Added my father whilst averting his gaze from the television to give me a certain kind of fatherly look. 

"Dad..." I countered, but found to have no real argument apart from that I wanted to go out and wish that I didn't need their permission to ask anymore.

"All your mother and I have ever wanted Ava is the truth so if you're going out to meet up with Lucas then do right by us and simply say so." He knowingly says.

"Fine, I'm going out to meet Lucas, happy?" I sarcastically inform them.

"I sure hope he isn't influencing any part of this change in you attitude Ava. You never use to talk back to your father and I like that. Perhaps I was wrong to have such a high first impression of him." Said my mother with a sure ounce of distaste.

"Lucas is wonderful and he isn't the reason for my sudden change in attitude as you call it. All I wanted was to have a nice night out going to see him. I didn't think it would be such a big deal that would clearly upset either of you." I stubbornly retaliate.

"Ava that's quite enough. Your mother and I are just concerned as to your whereabouts and frankly as your parents we are entitled to that right. Now leave before either one of us say anymore to anger the other." Answers my father in a dismissive tone.