A Dance with Chance

"I wanna take the ultimate step, find the courage to be bold. To risk it all and not forget, the lessons that I hold. I wanna go where no ones been. Far beyond the crowd!"

***

Alya's PoV

"So, you're telling me that you're friends with this supposed legendary pokemon and you fought Team Flare? And their the reason it ran away from you?" I asked, summing up Ash's story. He nodded and I bit my lip in thought. It was just the two of us in the Pokemon Center. Serena, Bonnie, and Clemont were outside searching for said legendary pokemon they call Squishy.

I was about to ask Ash if he knew anything about Alain, but was interrupted. Bonnie busted through the Center's doors. She seemed out of breath, but she was too consumed with excitement.

"Squishy came back!" she exclaimed, holding up a green creature cupped in both of her hands. It was small, green, and had a red gem-like patch covering it's stomach. It had one large eye and a white spot where the other eye should  be. It didn't even have arms or legs. It looked...well, squishy. Ash grinned, happy to have his lost companion back. I stepped closer to Bonnie to scrutinize the tiny pokemon in her hands better. Nothing about it seemed particularly legendary about it at all.

***

I had only been travelling with Ash and the gang for a day, and I had seen more action in that day, than in a week on my own. He allowed me to travel with them on their journey to Snowbelle City in order to learn more about Squishy and Team Flare.

In a day, Ash's Noibat befriended a Floette, pissed off a Breloom, and then rescued it from another evil organization called Team Rocket. All-in-all, I was exhausted. I didn't even get to rest the next day. Serena got invited to a large dance party for performers, since she was a pokemon performer herself. She was particularly excited about Aria, the Kalos Queen, being there.

Serena's only problem was that she had to attend with a date. It didn't take a genius to know that she wanted to ask Ash. But, she was too shy. Her shyness with Ash competed with the shyness of her Eevee. The only way to get Eevee to go, was to pair it up with Clemont's Bunnelby. That brought Bonnie to suggest that Clemont and Serena go together. Since she couldn't really refuse, she accepted, followed by Clemont's acceptance. I kinda stood off to the sides awkwardly. Bonnie and Ash were giving Clemont a pep talk and Serena was talking to her Eevee.

***

We had left the Pokemon Center shortly after receiving the invitation. It took us quite awhile to reach our destination, but it was all worth it when we saw the giant castle where the party was being held.

"Awesome! Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun," Ash exclaimed as we approached. A large mass of people had gathered, all eagerly waiting to get inside.

"I know. Look at that crowd! Are you going to be all right?" Bonnie asked a trembling Clemont. Something told me he didn't like to be around a lot of people. I had to put a hand over my mouth to keep me from laughing.

"Who knows? I'm wondering about that myself," he said through chattering teeth.

"You'll be fine, Clemont," Serena reassured him. I let a little giggle slip out, and it grew louder when Serena yelped in surprise and jumped away from the spot she was standing in.