Chapter 7

• Dedicated to Everyone who has stuck with me even through the lack of updates. THANK YOU!

The next morning Rosaline, Martinez, Casper, and Milton met up at the gate.

"I'm Rosaline," she said to Casper, holding out her hand. He glared at her like she had the plague. She let her hand drop to her side and sighed.

"So where are we going today?" Rosaline asked.

"We've gotta go clear out a new strip mall we found a few miles off the highway. And there's one other thing," Martinez said. He wasn't one to beat around the bush so Rosaline wasn't sure if she was ready to hear this.

"We use biters for several things within the walls of our town and outside as well. We have pits where we catch them and we need to bring them in," Casper said, getting straight to the point. "You're more there to be on watch for that, since a girl like you couldn't handle it even without a broken arm."

Rosaline smirked and scoffed. "We'll see about that," Rosaline said.

"I think- Well, it is in my opinion that we leave now so as to get back before dark," Milton said as Rosaline and Casper stared daggers at each other.

The Governor had told Casper all about Rosaline. He knew what she had done to get Martinez to bring her back, and he knew that she would stop at nothing to bring the Governor down. Casper knew that there was no better leader than the Governor. He knew he must bring Rosaline down for the sake of everyone. Or did he?

Martinez took the drivers seat as some sort of unspoken rule and Casper practically pushed Milton out of the way for shotgun in the big black pickup truck. Rosaline and Milton were left to the back. Rosaline didn't care much. She liked Milton, and Martinez. It was Casper she didn't like. He rubbed her the wrong way.

It wasn't long before they were out of Woodbury. Rosaline stared at the countryside as it passed by outside her window. Martinez had the air conditioning on and Rosaline was relishing it. She was clean, and although she had a broken arm, she wasn't in pain. She was almost happy. She couldn't remember when she'd felt this carefree.

But carefree was an illusion of course. At the back of her mind she wondered about Daryl. Where he was. If he was still looking for her. If he was even alive. She hoped he and Merle had gotten back to Rick and the others safely. She didn't want to be the cause of his death.

The truck pulled to a stop, and Rosaline jumped. She hadn't realized how far they'd come. Martinez had parked outside the strip mall among the other abandoned cars and the occasional piece of garbage.

We all got out of the truck and gathered in front of it. Martinez cleared his throat before speaking.

"We're gonna break into pairs. Two to a store. Get in, grab what you need, and get out. Simple as that," Martinez said.

"We'd get things done faster if we went in by ourselves," Casper said gruffly.

"Yes, and we'd also get killed quicker that way," Martinez shot back.

Casper scoffed and rolled his eyes. Martinez glared at him.

"If you'd like, we can all four go in together," Martinez snapped. Casper rolled his eyes but didn't press the issue.

They split off then. It didn't take long for Rosaline and Martinez to clear half the stores. They then waited in the truck for Milton and Casper to finish. Martinez didn't say so but he knew that Rosaline was getting tired and he didn't want her to overexert herself.

Rosaline reminded him of his younger sister. If they were any more alike, he'd think she'd never died at all. They were both fighters. Rosaline didn't have to be out here risking her ass but she was. His sister would be doing the same thing. It made him a bit sad, to think of her as being so similar to his sister, but that just made him protective of her. He wasn't going to let something happen to Rosaline like what had happened to his sister. Ever.

Milton and Casper finally came out of their last building about a half hour after Martinez and Rosaline had finished. But they weren't alone. In front of them, being guided by the tip of Casper's gun, were two people very familiar to Rosaline.

Glenn and Maggie.

I wish I could express how sorry I am that it's taken so long to update. But there are no words.

I really truly am sorry. Life has gotten the best of me. I've been dealing with a lot right now. All I'm dealing with isn't bad but it's still enough to neglect updating.

I really hope that you guys are still out there, patiently waiting, although I know that's not likely. I hope that all of you understand. I'm going to TRY to be more regular with updates. But the operative word there is TRY.

So Rosaline now has Glenn and Maggie. How do you think this will affect her? Will it put her at ease or make her upset? How will the Governor react to them? What about Andrea and Michonne? Let me know below!

I'd once again like to apologize. Things are crazy.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!