Chapter Five

I entered home, mom immediately put down the shirt and fixing herself. Watching her that way ached my heart. I felt my eyes being filled up with tears seeking permission to escape my eyes, which I did not grant. I moved forward about to hug her when she held her finger in my direction, indicating me to stop. "I-I was just..." I pleaded with a broken voice
"Just don't" she said coldly.
"But Mom I..." I started but was cut mid-way.
"you just what? Stop acting as if you care, you already have done enough"
"That was not my fault, I did what I could."
"Oh really? Thanks for the information now would you please excuse me?" With that she walked into her room and closed the door behind her. I stood there for some time, failing to compose myself so, I collapsed on the floor and started crying my eyes out. I was not long when I was interrupted by a voice. "Oh come on Rossie, you're taking ages" Carder shouted just after entering the main door. When her eyes landed on me she rushed in my direction and helped me stand up. "What happened Rossie? Are you ok?" She asked concern was visible in her tone.
"Yeah..., I just.... you know..... let's just not talk about it" I requested.
"Yeah sure, BTW we're getting late, hurry up, I don't think you wanna get late at the very first day" she said with a warm smile. I nodded in agreement. And with a quick hug she added "you'll be fine". That day she broke all her previous records of driving fast. We reached school five minutes before the class. I ran towards the washroom, to take a quick glance if I was looking presentable, before rushing towards the classroom.