End Up Together

ZACS POV

The Disney concert was about two and a half months away so that was how long I had to finish this song for Mira. It was way harder than I thought, because it had to be special. It couldn't be typical, it had to be made to where everyone would hear and know that I could have only made it for Mira. Like that song 'Hey There Delilah.' Deciding to take a break, I grabbed my phone and called Mathais.

"Hey bro!"

"Aye you coming over for Nic's birthday thing?"

"Yeah you know I wouldn't miss little Mann's party."

"Haha ight cool, wanna help me find him a present?"

"Yeah I'm down, meet me at the mall?"

"Ight."

Hanging up I grabbed a jacket and my keys and headed towards the front door. Seeing Nic heading in the same direction made me stop.

"Uhm where you going?"

"Outtttt."

He tried walking again but I stepped in his path.

"With whooo?"

"Miraaaaa?"

"Whyyyy?"

"Okay stop making your words longer. And just because."

"You ask mom?"

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door and I assumed it was Mira.

"Duh."

Pushing past me he stopped by the door to wave 'bye' and walked outside with Mira. Rolling my eyes, I waited until they pulled off to avoid any awkward small talk and then left for the mall.

•••••••••••••••••••••

MIRAS POV

I turned down the music in the car and looked over at Nic but he was the first one to say something.

"So what exactly are we doing?"

"Shopping. Stupid."

"Okay when I'm a teenager you're gonna have to stop that."

I let out a sarcastic, snort type laugh and rolled my eyes.

"Not even if you put it on your Christmas list kid."

"Ugh."

"Sorry but life sucks worse the older you get. Growing up is a trap.. don't fall for it."

"You're exaggerating."

"Haha, yeah okay, we'll see."

Pulling up to the mall parking lot, I parked the car and immediately rushed to the Michael Korr store.

"I thought we were shopping for me."

I rolled my eyes and dramatically put my hands on my hips.

"Shut up, have you seen these beanies?"

"Have you seen how much I don't care?"

"Ugh after I get my beanies you we can go wherever kids shop these days."

"Deal."

After buying the to-die-for brown beanie with golden, studded MKs on it, I walked with Nic to Starbucks to get raspberry lemonades before continuing through the mall. We decided to get matching penny boards so we walked to the skate shop. After choosing baby blue ones we had a race to the food court on them. I was laughing so hard I was barely paying attention to where I was going. In my mind people would just be intelligent and get out of the way.. well most people.