The Truth

I turn slowly, trying to control my shaking form. I look up and see Eric, fear, betrayal and concern cover his face like he was just slapped. He's not alone, a tall blonde women who I recognise as Jeanine Matthews is taking notes and Max, the leader of dauntless, stands next to her.

"What..."

Is all I can make out before falling back to the floor. Eric helps me onto a chair and hands me a glass of water before Jeanine speaks up.
"Tiffany Eaton?"
"It's Shad now"
She nods, taking more notes.
"Shad. I like it. But you never answered my question. You were beat by Marcus Eaton, your father too. Just like your brother"

I take in a gasp of breath.

"Beat is the wrong term. Beat implies I let him win and i haven't. This war will be going on until his life lays in shards around him. Hurt. Whipped. Those terms are the ones I'd use. And yes my brother was hit like me. But he's dead. Died on the way back from the choosing ceremony"

Jeanine looks at me with the same placid expression she always wheres.

"Is that what your father told you?"

A growl escapes my lips as I smash the glass in my hand. I know it cut me but I couldn't care less.

"Marcus Eaton is no father of mine. And anyway he told me my brother chose dauntless. But such a betrayal to me made it better for him to be dead. If he was alive. I would have killed him by now."

I breathe out and start clearing up the pieces Of glass. I don't look at the other people in the room.

"Shad, do you know that there was a fail in the machine when you took your test."

I laugh.

"Is that the best excuse they could come up with. There was no fail. I think you know that. And i know that me providing the information you need may end up to my death, I don't care. Shoot me. Seriously. Im divergent. All five factions. Ha. One of a kind they said. Who cares. All i want to do is tear my father down."
I stare at Jeanine dead in the eyes.
"Thats hardly a life is it."

She looks at me and i see Max pull out a gun.
"There will be no need for that. As much as I want these Divergent killed. She must stay alive. She is all we need to take down Marcus. Eric keep her here. Make sure no harm comes to her today. Dont treat her differently. She's valuable and she knows it."

I smirk as Max and Jeanine leave the room. But it's soon wiped off my face as im left to deal with Eric.

"So what you said about Four..."

I stand up and hold Eric's arms.

"My brother is dead. Four may have onced beared my name but if i ever get the chance I'm gonna stick a bullet through his skull. I hat my parents, my life. I hate that im divergent that im a freak."

He looks at me and slips his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

"The only thing I really love in this world is you."