Epilogue

Two Years Later

     A silver tabby and a brown tabby sat in front of a glimmering lake, tails twined together. The sky was a beautiful array of oranges, reds, purples, and pinks as the sun set over the water. The silver tabby, a female, suddenly saw the shape of a lioness walking across the lake, on the water, toward the couple.

     The silver cat stood up, as did the brown tabby next to her. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

     “Look,” the silver cat murmured. “Look at that lion walking across the water!”

     Soon the lion was in front of them. The silver cat recognized her. It was the queen before her, Kia. Her golden fur looked more golden than it used to, shining and glittering like the lake. She had a grim expression.

     “Hello, Queen Miana, Lark. I have come to tell you that the battle isn’t quite over yet. The followers of Shard are rising up with a new leader. They are planning terrible things. If you wish to save us, you must do something.”

     “Wait!” Queen Miana said. “Who are the followers? What are they planning?”

     “I don’t know who the followers are,” Kia said. “And I can’t exactly tell you what they are planning. You’ll have to find that out for yourself.”

     Lark spoke next. “But if you know his followers are still loyal to him, and that they are planning something, then how can you not know what they are planning and who they are?”

     “It’s difficult to explain,” responded the lioness. “I was just sent here to tell you. You need to plan something to stop them. Goodbye.” Then, before the other two cats could speak a word, she disappeared in thin air, leaving a sparkling shape that disappeared a moment later.

     “What are we going to do now?” the queen murmured, tail flicking like crazy. The tom cat lowered his eyes. “I’m not sure. But let’s get back to camp now.”

     So that’s what they did. They walked back to camp side-by-side, hoping that they would soon figure out what the lioness Kia meant.