Chapter 3

The Tyler in this chapter reminds me of comic Vanya when she's younger

Tyler kicked some stuff under his bed and sat down in his desk chair. The sooner this was over, the better. Josh seemed like a decent guy so it was better if Tyler didn't screw him up. Josh walked into the room with a small smile on his face and Tyler wasn't sure what his expression said. Josh's screen was filled with question marks. Josh sat down next to Tyler in another chair and looked like he wanted to ask a million questions. Tyler wasn't in the mood for it, he never was, so he opened the notebook containing the lines of the song they wrote. Tyler stared at the words. This had to be done quickly so Josh could leave. "Wether it's the weather or the letters by my bed, sometimes Death seems better than the Migraine in my head."  Tyler wrote down quietly. Josh read it and frowned. He stood up and when Tyler realised what he was doing, It was too late. Josh was reading one of the letters on Tyler's nightstand, his suicide letters. Tyler got up and tried to pull the one Josh was reading from his hand. Josh was strong though and kept ahold of it. "Tyler I-" Tyler pulled again, harder this time. "Let go!" He yelled, he tried to push Josh away but he didn't let go of the letter, causing it to rip in half. Tyler stared at the ripped paper and groaned. "Thanks a lot, Asshole." He pulled the piece of paper from Josh's hand and took all of the letters on his nightstand. He put them in a drawer of his desk and locked it. "Tyler I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rip it, I-" Tyler glared at Josh. "Just shut the fuck up and don't question any of what I write. Now sit down and let me write." Josh looked down. "A-aren't we supposed to write together?" He asked softly. Tyler sat down and waited until Josh was seated too. "No. You're a bad writer." He took his pen. "Let it be said what the headache represents, it's me de-"  "Tyler, I was just um wondering.." Tyler threw his pen down and glared at Josh. "I'm trying to write." Josh nodded but couldn't help but ask anyway. "Why is your screen always black?" Tyler stood up. "I can't do this. You are too fucking curious and I'm not answering any of your stupid questions!"  Josh looked down, frustrated. He just wanted to help Tyler. Tyler began to write again when Josh's Phone rang. Tyler groaned as Josh answered it. "Hey mom.. Oh um yeah I know, I'm at a friend's house.. yeah I-" Tyler coughed. "I'm not your friend." He interrupted. Josh sighed softly and ignored Tyler. "We have to work on an important project.. I won't.. I don't know.. I love you more. Very possible. Yes it is..Bye mom.." Josh smiled as he put his phone away. Tyler looked down. It were times like this when he missed his mom the most. Josh was playing with his fingers nervously. "My um mom wanted to know if I'm staying for dinner.." Josh said softly. Tyler laughed and shook his head. "Not in a million years." The door opened and Tyler's dad walked in. "Hey, I was about to start making dinner, I was wondering if Josh wanted to stay for dinner." Despite Tyler's previous words, Josh nodded. "I'd love to, Thank you Sir." Tyler's dad smiled and Tyler threw the notebook across the room against a wall. "I can't believe you don't get it! I don't want you to stay for dinner, we're finishing this song and that's it, I am not your friend and I don't ever want to be!" Tyler stormed past his dad and ran downstairs, out of the house. Josh was left in tears, Tyler's dad pulled him into a gentle hug, and while Tyler ran off as fast as he could, to the place he always ran, Tyler's dad sat down in the living room with Josh. "Where did he go?" Josh asked in a broken voice. "The Forest. It's his hideaway." Josh nodded softly and drank the tea Tyler's dad had made him. Tyler's dad knew it wasn't his place, but looking at the sad boy in front of him, he just had to tell him, he deserved to know the truth. "When Tyler was a kid, he had a good bond with this mum and his brother. So did I. We went on trips and were a perfect happy family." Josh nodded and sipped his tea. "There was only one flaw Tyler had. His screen didn't work, it still doesn't. We went to doctors with him and scientists, but nobody knew why. Tyler didn't let that affect him though, he was a happy kid. But on one uneventful day in July, something bad happened." Josh looked at Tyler's dad. The man looked like he had been through a lot. "Tyler and his brother Zack, were playing outside on the street with a ball. His mom and I were inside, I was looking out of the window to see if they were doing okay. They were at first, but Zack was a but older and stronger than Tyler, he threw the ball out of Tyler's reach. I saw Tyler get frustrated, but didn't think anything of it. They were just kids. But Tyler Wanted Zack to have to walk far too. So he threw the ball really hard and far away. Zack thought it was funny how his little brother got so frustrated over a tiny thing like this. So he just played along and went to get the ball. But he didn't see the car speeding through the street, neither did I. It hit him and he ended up in the hospital." Josh's eyes were wide and his screen was full of sympathy. This explained why Tyler acted like that when he mentioned that name. "Zack didn't make it, and Tyler blamed himself." Josh frowned. It wasn't Tyler's fault.. it was the driver's fault. "Tyler changed after that. He isolated himself and his mom and I heared him talk to himself in his room. we Went To several Doctors And They all told us the same. Tyler was depressed and heared voices in his head." Josh looked down. Tyler seemed very depressed indeed, Suicidal too. "We confronted him about the voices and we got into a huge argument. Apparently the voice had a name and was Tyler's friend. At least he thought so, at that age. Tyler talked to 'Blurry' a lot but the conversations began to turn darker with the years. We gave Tyler love but he didn't return it. He yelled at us a lot and one day, his mom couldn't take it anymore." Josh shook his head. "Please don't tell me she-" Tears welled up in his eyes. "She took her own life.. Tyler found her. That's the first day he ran off into the Forest. Blurry seemed to be gone. Tyler was sad and apologised a lot. But it wasn't his fault,  it was Blurry's. That voice controlled him so much.. I prayed he never came back. but the way he yelled at you.. He's back.. and that scares me.." Josh looked down. He was scared too, what if Ty- Blurry hurt someone again? Josh had to keep calm and leave Tyler alone for a bit. Or.. he could try to help him...

Meanwhile, Tyler had reached the forest and hadn't calmed down one bit. "Stupid Josh, I don't need him. Why. Won't. He. Leave. Me. Alone?!" Tyler picked up a rock and threw it at a tree. He used to calm down in the forest, but that was ages ago. Now it just made him more angry. "Poor Josh, didn't ask for any of this."  Tyler groaned and pulled at his hair. "Shut up shut up shut up!" He yelled. He walked deeper into the forest, to his Tree, which had 'Tyler' carved into it. "Maybe if you keep walking, you'll get lost and nobody will ever find you."  Tyler shook his head. "I want you to shut up. People would find me, people care about me, dad does!" Tyler reached into the hole in the tree and got out his knife. "Dad doesn't care about you at all. You killed Zack, you killed mum."  Tyler shook his head. "No, you did, you killed them!" Tyler rolled the sleeve of his left arm up and took the knife. "No, Tyler. If I did, you did. I am you."  Tyler shook his head again and looked at all the scars on his arm. "I am not you. I am Tyler." He pressed the knife against his skin. He was Tyler and he was going to prove that. He carved it into his arm. "See?! T-Y-" Tyler frowned and looked down at his arm, there was a name carved into it. But it wasn't 'Tyler'. In bright red blood, his arm read 'B L U R R Y F A C E'