Chapter Two

Summer's POV

The warm but refreshing summer breeze blows against my cheeks and also making my long hair fly back and forth. I leaned on the balcony banister and watched as the sun set itself before me. I looked up the orange sky and memories, happy memories, came rushing in my mind. Those moments that mom and I spent together that we used to call "Mummer Time", that's mom and Summer, combined. Those times that we laugh our hearts out because of Dad's jokes. All those times we spent together as a family. Now, I'll never experience them again. They're gone.

"Why did they have to leave that fast?" I choked those words out as I feel my eyes burn. The tears forming in my eyes are making my sight blurry. There's this feeling again. The hole in my chest, that big hole that gives me so much emptiness, is starting to emerge again. I'm trying my best not to cry, but I just can't anymore.

"Be strong, Summer." I managed to say to myself. "E-everything happens for a reas-son." I said with a shivering voice. I bit the tip of my thumb.

It wasn't long before I felt a hand, rest on my shoulder. I froze. That smell. It's Michael. I turned to face him. He looked shock.

"Why are you ---" He wasn't able to continue because I immediately put my arms around his waist and dug my head on the crook of his neck. I felt my tears uncontrollably stream down my face. He just hugged me and said nothing.

"It's my fault, Mike. It was. The accident happened because dad gave me this ring." I sobbed.

"Sshh. It wasn't. It's the driver's fault. Please don't blame yourself, sweetie." He put a hand on my head.

"But I can't help --"

"Uh-uh." He cut me off. "Sshh." He said as he tightened his wrap around my waist. Now the hole in my chest is slowly disappearing. Every time I'm with him, I feel nothing but happiness. I sniffed for the last time and let go. He still looks worried so I tried to be cheerful.

"So, it's movie night tonight!"

"Well, yeah." I can say with the tone of his voice that's just trying to be cheerful like me.

"Let's go downstairs. I'll just wash my face." I told him.

"Okay, I'll go and check what the boys are up to." He nodded.

---

"Guys!" Luke called our attention and we all looked at him. "Have you seen my phone?"

"It's here on the couch, Lukey." Ash held it. "It might have slipped out of your pocket while you're lying in here awhile ago." He spun the phone with his hand. Luke walked over Ash to get his phone then sat on the couch and started texting or tweeting or whatever.

"So, what movie are we watching tonight?" I sat beside Luke who seems so busy with his phone.

"I like to watch Oblivion." Mike answered as he appeared in the living room.

"What, why?" Luke asked, not even looking away from his phone.

"I think it's going to be awesome." I told them.

"Okay, Oblivion it is." Mike sat beside me then checked on his phone. Great. Now I'm sitting between phone-tapping guys.

"You guys want pizza?" I asked.

"Definitely do, Summer." Mikey smiled. Cal and Ash looked at me.

"I'll call and get it delivered." Ash told me.