Chapter Six- Ms. Nancy

This chapter is dedicated to my band director. Enjoy:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month's worth of bucket adventures had quickly come and go leaving us with dozens of cheerful last memories of our time with Jake. The moving date was quickly approaching, so I was determined to make the most of every second that I would have left with him.

Nothing strangely out of character has happened since that first night in the refrigerator, so I quickly pushed the idea of him ever liking me, far out of my thoughts. Well sort of, I still thought about it all the time, but I knew that it would never happen. There was no point in trying to lie to myself.

What almost changed my mind was when Jake, out of the blue, broke up with Erica. Yes, I said he broke up with Erica. I was, well I was psyched just because I no longer had to share my best friend.

~*~

"Ava! Ava look! It's Ms. Nancy!" I shouted, pointing across the craft store.

"No way! That is her!" Ava screamed running towards our band teacher. Peyton, Jake, Holly, Olive, Zach and I quickly followed behind her.

Ms. Nancy was our high school band teacher. Yeah we're band geeks.

We were at the local craft store getting supplies for our next item on the list. Peyton's bucket list idea required more people in order to even out the teams, so we invited some band friends; Ava, Holly, Olive, and of course Zach.

"Ms. Nancy!" Ava screamed running towards her.

"Look who it is! Ava and Violet!" She laughed and set a ball of yarn into her cart.

Yeah, we have a band director that knits! I know you're jealous.

"We missed you Ms. Nancy!" Ava chirped as she rolled on the balls of her feet.

"I've missed you too Ava," she laughed as she shoved her iPhone 5 into her pocket. "What have you guys been up to?"

"Well Violet, Peyton and Jake came up with this awesome idea to complete things on their bucket lists this summer and I've just been swimming and doing bell choir in church like usual," Ava sighed, taking a breath.

"That's actually why we're here now," I added. "It was Peyton's idea to have a paint war and we needed a few extra people in order to make the teams even, but Brielle bailed on us for a dance competition so I guess the teams are still uneven," I sighed as the realization hit me that our game would not work the way it should.

"Well maybe I could help," Ms. Nancy smiled as she made the suggestion.

"Oh my gosh! Violet! Can she play?" Ava pleaded.

"Uh, sure," I replied. Hm, I wasn't quite sure I liked the idea of Ms. Nancy helping us out, but I guess it was really the only thing we could do since Brielle bailed.

"Sweet!" Ms. Nancy smiled.

"Yay! Thank you, thank you Violet," Ava squealed as she ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me in a giant hug. "You're the best!"

Ms. Nancy laughed at our slightly awkward moment before she spoke, "so what is it I'll be doing anyway?"

I recalled Peyton squealing earlier when she has unwrapped the slip of paper that read, have a paint war, and smiled.

"Ms. Nancy, wear some old clothes because we're having a paint war," I grinned.

"Yes!" She cheered but then proceeded to ask more questions, "where are we having this?"