Chapter 1: The Unlikely Warriors

Two hooded figures walked through the ruins of the castle, walking over any rubble that happened to be in their way.

"This is the mission spot...be wary however. It seems sketchy here..."

"Heh... Sensei, you didn't need to point out the obvious. Besides, you're here with me. What can go wrong?"

The "sensei" took his hood off, revealing his toned face. He had golden, spiky hair and blue eyes that seemed to shine along with whisker tattoos that adorned his cheeks. He had a gravely, but kind voice that spread warmth everywhere.

"The point of this mission was for you to learn to not be so dependent on others. What if you are left all alone, with no one to depend on Natsu?"

"Natsu" took his hood off as well, revealing his own features. He had a toned face as well with sharp, angled eyes, spiky pink hair, and black eyes. He had a hardened voice that was cool and rough, spreading heat everywhere...but in a different way.

"Come on Sensei Naruto, we both know I am capable of defending myself!"

"Pfft!" Naruto laughed. "Like that time when you got beat up by Gildarts?"

"I was going easy on him!"

The two quickly turned their attention to the massive doors that blocked them from getting to their mission.

"Let's go in now."

The two opened the door and walked in, finding a king sitting on a throne with women bending all over him.

"Who dares to open the door?" The king roared in anger.

"Good evening your highness, it is Naruto Uzumaki and Natsu Dragneel at your service. The ones who took your mission?"

The king took one look at them before roaring in laughter. "HA! You puny brats? You, the blonde one! You look like tiny! What are you, a midget? And the pink one? What is he, a kitten?"

Natsu immediately released his magical energy out of anger, cracking the walls and the floor. "What...the hell...did you call me and my sensei?"

"Natsu!"

Natsu ignored Naruto's calls and advanced slowly towards the king. "You're dead meat..."

"NATSU!"

Naruto immediately released his chakra, creating a massive crater where he stood and blowing away the doors and cracking the walls. Rubble rose and flew around him like a small tornado as the golden chakra blew around him. Parts of the ceiling fell around him. One piece of the rocky ceiling dropped, heading towards him. He simply held out his hand and the ceiling that was falling on him was destroyed.

The royal guards ran in, brandishing their weapons only to be flung away by the massive amounts of power the two mysterious, godly beings were emitting.

The king stared at him in awe and fear. "W-What the hell...the pink haired one...his power is amazing, but the blonde one...his power is...its...its more than I have ever imagined it to be!"

Naruto vanished, leaving a crater where he once was and reappeared in a flash next to Natsu. "Natsu, stand down!"

"I can't let him insult us like that!"

Natsu growled angrily. 'Especially when he insulted my idol and sensei' He thought angrily.

"Natsu, you need to learn to control your emotions. He's learned his lesson already, just look at him!"

Natsu took a close look and nearly burst out laughing. The king's pants were...wet and he had the face of absolute terror etched onto him.

------------

"I'm extremely sorry about the behavior of my pupil. He is....hot headed at times..."

"It's fine..." The nervous kind wiped his forehead with a shaky hand.

"Natsu, say it now."

"I don't wanna!"

"Say it!"

Natsu stepped forward with annoyance. "I'm SORRY that I had to destroy half your room because you insulted me and my sensei with you and your slutty ass hoe bitc-"

"Thats enough now Natsu!"

Natsu smirked. "Yeah yeah, I know!"

Naruto turned to face the king. "Now about the mission. I heard that there was something...terrorizing your country. What is it?"

The king wiped his forehead once again. He began with a shaky voice. "I-its a horrible monster controlled by something inside of it. It has been ravaging our lands for years now, and has just began to move in through the walls. Soon it will kill all of us and..." The king stopped, shaking from fear. "It will kill my sister..."

Naruto's eyes hardened. "Natsu..."

"Already on it sensei!" He jumped in the air, slamming through the hard ceiling and flying into the sky with Naruto right behind him.