6. Soft crying truths

A soft rolling tremble vibrates across my chest and then stop. After a few seconds, the weird sensation comes again. What the hell? I am laying on the flat of my back. The warm cozy feeling of being sunken into plush soft cushions below temps me into falling back into the state of unconscious that I was drifting in before being woken up by the weird vibrations.

I quickly shut my eyes close at the blaring lights blinding me. Damn who opened the blinds?? Again the weird sensation comes again. Trying not to panic, I open my eyes once more. A Yelp of surprise leaves my lips as I meet the swirling topaz and black eyes of Raja. The big cat is stretched out across my chest purring while looking down at me as if to contemplate my very existence.

Alarm slams into my chest as I realize that I fell asleep on Kat's couch. Shit!  Jane probably is so pissed by now. Groaning in frustration, I lean up and rub Raja along his back while looking around the well lit entertainment room. I can't help but smile at the light bed sheets so delicately covering up my tall frame. The same smile filled with fondness is wiped off of my face as I glanced down at the numerous missed calls from my business partner as well as Jane.

"Good morning Jack." Kat's sultry voice calls out behind me. My mouth goes dry as I turn and look at her. The stark white color of the terry cloth robe stands out against her complexion. Her beautiful pouty lips are naked without color and her ink black hair is loose to fall down her figure in loving tight curly waves.

"G-good morning." I croak out around my dry throat. My eyes rove her figure hungrily as she advances leisurely towards me. The gentle sway of her hips reminds me more of a cat's walk then a human's strut. Kat smirks knowingly at me as a glass of orange juice is presented to me. "Thanks." I mummer out somehow feeling embarrassed but not quite sure why I feel this way.

"Sorry about this." I say not being able to look her in the eyes. Out the corner of my eyes, I see Kat cock her head to the side in a silent question. "You know with showing up to your place in the wee hours of the morning an emotional reck and falling asleep on your couch like some bum." I explain after releasing a bitter laugh.

"What did I tell you about being sorry Jack?" Kat says with twitching lips. My mouth automatically opens to apologize but I slam it shut. Tossing her a sheepish grin, I stand and shift uneasily from one foot to another. "Come and get some breakfast before you run off to that perfect world of yours."

As I follow her to the kitchen, I think about last night or early morning rather. Other then the sexual tension on my part, watching the movie went well. I haven't seen it in ages and it was refreshing to see the throwback chick flick again. Much to my disappointment Kat chose to sit in the love seat adjacent to me on the large sofa. We chatted and watched the movie until I obviously fell asleep unintentionally.

I should be happy that she is respecting my space and keeping her distance. I should be content with her treating me as if I am some friend. Even though she probably has always treated me as such and perhaps her "flirting" was truly all in my head. But I can't help but feel the roaring ache of disappointment in her actions towards me now.

"So um I was thinking about the key...you know the key to my room at y-your club." I stumble out. Kat raises her eyebrow across the table at me once I am seated before my plate.

"What about it Jack?"

I frown and stare down at my plate. My mouth waters at the plate full of breakfast food. "I....I don't know maybe I will come back to check it out again. Not to do anything or....just to you know check the place out again." A soft chuckle leaving her lips is the only response I get.