Letter

Miku's POV

Suddenly, the door slams open.

"Found ya!!!" Rin yells as she points at us.

"H-Hi...." I wave at her.

"What are you two doing here?" She crosses her arms and glares at us.

"We were..." Len struggles to come up with a good excuse. So I join in.

"L-Looking for you! Well-guess we found you. Um...class is about to start, gotta go." I grip Len's arm and run out of the empty classroom.

~time skip~

We were late for our next class but everything went smooth after that. It's the end of the day; I'm walking home with Luka because Ia had to stay after school for...something.

"Ne, Miku?" Luka calls my name as she taps my shoulder.

"Yes?"

"You seem deep in thought. What's on your mind?"

"N-Nothing important. Just thinking about school and stuff...." I brush it off.

"Are you sure? You're kind of pale..." She points at my cheeks.

"I'm sure! It's really nothing." Again, I try brushing it off. She won't back down!

"....Lets go out to eat!" She randomly suggests.

"Huh? Right now?"

"Yeah! I'm feeling hungry and it's still early! Why not go out and eat some fried chicken?" Luka takes my arm and begins walking in the opposite direction.

"But-I don't have any money on me right now- I say as I go through my empty wallet. She snatches it out of my hand.

"I'll pay for the both of us. No need to worry!" She smiles at me.

"Luka...." I smile back. She's such a good friend to me. It's obvious she's trying to cheer me up. So....

"Forget it, let's go!"

Narrator's POV

Len walks down the stairs to the first floor. He opens his locker to change out of his school shoes.
"Finally! I get to go home and-What's...this?"
Under his sneakers, there's a letter with a heart-shaped sticker on it.

"Eh?..." Len takes it and opens the letter. A small note is inside. He folds it open and reads the note.

Dear Kagamine,

I'm a sophomore and in class B-3. I've liked you for a while but was too shy to tell you. Please meet me at the back of the school tomorrow at lunchtime.

~ Your secret admirer

Len blushes and puts the note back inside the letter. He changes his shoes and closes his locker. Gumi peeks from around the corner.
"Len...." She whispers quitely to herself as she secretly watches him leave. Behind Gumi, another girl secretly watches as the scene unfolds.

~next day~

Miku and Luka walk to school together.

"Yesterday was delicious! Thanks for taking me out...I kind of needed it." Miku says.

"No problem! I'd do anything to cheer you up." Luka responds.

"But...I really wish Ia was there with us..." Miku lowers her head.

Suddenly, Luka's phone begins to ring. She takes it out of her bag.

"Speak of the devil. I wonder what she wants-- As soon as Luka answers, Ia begins lashing out.

"Miku, Luka! Get to school RIGHT NOW. There's something really important I need to show you!" Ia shouts into the microphone. She sounds like she's on speaker even though she's not.

"W-What? Why? What happened- Miku asks. She cuts her off.

"No time to explain just get over here!" She hangs up. Luka and Miku look at each other curiously but play along. They begin running to school as fast as they can like she said.

To be continued....