We are all one family

"We are all one family. Let's wash away old sores." – Peter Barns, The Ruling Class

2:10PM Monday June 8th at the Merenkahre College: The Library

History was Octavius' favourite pastime, he felt that finding out more about what brought us to wear we are today was the most fascinating thing. The era of History that sparked his attention the most though was that of The Roman Empire. This was most likely because Rome was his birth place, but he felt that there was more of a connection than that. Something deeper.

Normally he was the only person browsing this section of the schools extensive library, so he was quite surprised to find someone else there. A tall, handsome and somewhat Egyptian looking man. He thought no more on the matter though, and continued looking at the books on offer which he had yet to read.

They both looked over the books separately in silence for a long time. Until they accidentally re-enacted a scene from every romantic high school teen movie ever made. Both Octavius and the other man in the isle reached for the same book. Their hands bumped and they both said a quick sorry to one another accompanied by a rather awkward laugh.

The moment lingered between them before the other man decided to say something "So are you doing History too? I haven't seen you in any of my classes."

"Ah, no" Octavius waved he hand in dismissal "I just find the Roman Empire simply fascinating." gestured to the book they had gone for, it was about Emperor Caesar "He was a great man."

"I agree, although I have not truly looked at his reign yet. But you may take the book; I have other things too study."

"I've read it several times, you may take it" Octavius took it from the shelf and placed it on the small stack of books the stranger had in his arms.

"Thank you!" He smiled "I have got a lot of reading ahead of me."

"It's truly wonderful stuff, the times shall fly by." Octavius grinned.

"It should home so."

The pair chuckled lightly with one and other for a moment "By the way, what is your name?" Octavius enquired. He should like to keep the company who also found Roman history interesting.

"Ahkmenra." Octavius almost misheard the name as 'Kahmunrah' but this was most certainly not him. "I would shake your hand, but mine are a little full at this moment." Ahk continued pleasantly.

Octavius shook away all thoughts of Kahmunrah then proceeded with his introduction "That is alright. My name is Octavius."

Ahkmenra got so excited he just about dropped his books "You're the Octavius Jed has been talking about!" when the only reply he received was a confused look form Octavius Ahk slowed down "Sorry, you are the one who is teaching my friend Jedediah Classical theatre are you not?"

Once the information had sunk in Octavius nodded "Yes that is me... Did you say that Jed talks about me?" he asked somewhat hopefully.

"Oh, all the time! I don't think he realises he's doing it." Ahk laughed "I am glad you live up to the expectations he set."

Octavius was lost for words, he felt a wonderful cocktail of pride and happiness reside within him, causing his cheeks to redden slightly. "W-well thank you Ahkme-"

The schools bell went off and Ahk sighed sadly "Sorry, Octy" he grinned "I must dash, I don't think I could handle being told off by Mr. Laaa, he's such a Neanderthal." And with that he left Octavius alone with his racing happy thoughts.

Octavius was late too his next lesson.

-*-*-

4:37PM Monday June 8th at the Rah household: Jedediah's Room