I imagine her face. I imagine her tears

"I imagine her face. I imagine her tears. I Imagine her." – Dennis Kelly, Debris

9:20AM Monday June 15th at the Merenkahre College: Break Room

"Has anyone seen Jed today?" Amelia asked as she dropped her bag down next to the chair she sat at every break time. "He didn't reply to any of my texts all weekend!" she sounded as if she was angry, but really she was just very worried. Jed did live with Kah after all.

"Nope, I haven't heard from him since Friday actually. Wired." Dexter thought allowed as he scrolled through his and Jed's most recent text messages.

"Nothing here, we don't have lessons with him either. I doubt nothin' bads happened though." Custer reassured Amelia with pat on the back.

"I hope so." She mumbled with her chin rested on the palm of her hand. She perked up suddenly when she spotted Octavius walk through the break room door "Hey! Isn't that Octy?" she pointed at the tall man so the others knew who she meant.

"If you mean the guy Jed's hopelessly in love with but won't admit it. Then yeah that's your man" Custer nodded after inspecting him from head to toe.

"I doubt he'll know Amelia." Dexter rolled his eyes "He's just his teacher."

"Well its worth a try isn't it?" she got up quickly and strode confidently over to Octavius before tapping him expectantly on the shoulder "Excuse me, but are you or are you not Octavius otherwise known as Octy?"

It took the man a moment to fully digest the question of his identity which had just been sprung on him "Yes, uh, that is me. Why do you ask?" he then noticed how she had referred to his as Octy "Are you one of Jedediah's friends?" he clicked.

"As a matter of fact I am. Amelia Airheart to be more specific, I'm sure Jed talks about me all the time." She said with he hands resting comfortably on her hips in a triumphant pose. "But that's beside the point right now. Have you seen Jed recently? None of us have heard from him since Friday... It's a little strange."

"I saw him on Saturday; we spent the day together shopping at the market." Octavius thought back to the day happily "Other than that, nothing. I had actually hopped to have seen him in here today."

"Saturday?" she said in surprise then hushed her voice "So are you guys dating? 'Cause I swear Jed was raving on about goin' on a date this Saturday."

Octavius' face reddened then he attempted to laugh off Amelia's misunderstanding (Attempted is the key word here) "No not at all! He got stood up by Kahmunrah and I thought I should try to cheer him up instead of letting him be under a cloud of gloom all day."

"Well that doesn't help much" she sighed "Did Kah see you guys together? Because I don't think you know what he's like."

"He was away with his friends at a football match, why should it matter if Jedediah socialises with a friend for the day?" Once Octavius had said that he remembered what Kahmunrah seemed to be like, he seemed to be the jealous type.

"He's the jealous type."

"I knew it."

"Yeah it's pretty obvious. If he see's anyone near Jed he's like a cat trying to protect its territory, its ridiculous!" Amelia was fed up with how Kah was acting and it showed. It was then she noticed the only other person in the school who would know where Jedediah was "Ahk!" she called at him as she brashly pushed past Octavius.

"Hello Amelia," he smiled "What do you want?" he looked perfectly fine at first glance but upon a close inspection you would notice just how tired he really was.