Book Cliche One- Love Triangles

Okay. Let's do this.

                 Love triangles. Kind of over used, if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, some are rather good. But today, it seems like almost every book series, has one. There are a few exceptions, but generally speaking, too many books use them.

In most Love Triangle books, there is the Best Friend Guy and there is New Guy.

Best Friend Guy- This character is obviously best friends with the main character. But Best Friend Guy secretly has feelings for main character. But main character doesn't share the feelings. (Kind of unrequited love). Best Friend Guy grows jealous as main character spends more time with New Guy. Best Friend Guy has the "nice-guy" personality.

New Guy- The New Guy is the person who recently moved to main character's town. Or in other cases, just got to know main character. This character has a variety of personalities, but normally has the "bad boy" personality.

(A/N I will be going over the bad boy cliche later on)

A lot of Love Triangle books tend to be trilogies. When there is a trilogy, you have something like this:

Book One- Everything is great with Main Character and Best Friend Guy. They have a basic routine. Everything is fine and normal. BUT THEN! New Guy moves into town. New Guy and Main Character are forced to work together (school assignment, team, battle, etc). They become close friends. They develop feelings for each other, and the Main Character realizes that there is more to the New Guy than his "bad boy" personality. [Time Skip] Somehow, Main Character and New Guy break up. (Either through cheating, New Guy moving/leaving, or just a casual break up) Keep in mind that Best Friend Guy has been jealous throughout this entire book.

Book Two-After the breakup between New Guy and Main Character, the Main Character and Best Friend Guy spend more time with each other. Eventually, they start a relationship. Main Character is happy. This book is mainly a filler book, leading up the the Main Event in book three. At the end of this book, there is normally a plot twist.

Book Three- After the plot twist, New Guy and Main Character's paths intersect. Somehow they meet up again. All the Main Character's feelings for New Guy come rushing back. But Main Character also has feelings for Best Friend Guy. Also, around this time, New Guy has changed in some sort of way. New Guy also still has feelings for Main Character.  A lot of tension between New Guy and Best Friend Guy occurs in this book. After some Major Event, Best Friend Guy and Main Character split up. Main Character ends up with New Guy.

I have noticed that with 95% of love triangle books, the Main Character ends up with New Guy.

It's cliched!