Chapter 23

October 11th
2 days before Jimin's 18th birthday

   "So Jimin, are you ready to be 18 in a couple of days? I know your excited to be out of the system."
Mr. Kim asked the boy sitting on the other side of his desk. 
   "Yes I am. I love the fact that I am my own person now. No shitty foster homes or late nights wondering what's going to happen." Jimin said with a bit of pep in his voice. He was also excited because he would no longer be in a foster home, meaning that Yoongi wouldn't be his foster brother anymore.
   "That's wonderful. But remember, just because I won't be your social worker anymore doesn't mean that I want you to stay away. You now have an obligation to come see me at least once a year, but hopefully once a month. Now, I'm going to come see you on your birthday okay? Let Mrs.Min know and I'll be there around 5:00. See you then." Mr. Kim finished. Jimin nodded and stood up. He walked out of the building to meet Yoongi who was already sitting in the parking lot.
   "Hey babe." Yoongi said greeting Jimin as he got in the car. He leaned over and kissed Jimin on the cheek.
   "Hey. How was work?" Jimin asked as Yoongi started the car and drove out of the parking lot.
   "Eh. It was okay. I wasn't texting you this time so I didn't get in trouble." Jimin chuckled.
   "That's good. Mr. Kim is coming over. He wants to see me on my birthday. Do you think that'll be alright?" Jimin asked as Yoongi drove down the street, not towards their house.
   "Yeah it should be. You need to check with mom just to make sure though I don't know what she has planned." Yoongi said. Jimin finally noticed that they weren't on the route to their house and because suspicious.
   "Yoongi, where are we going? We need to go home. I have school tomorrow. Not all of is graduated."
   "Jimin don't worry. We're just going to the store. It's only 4:00, you'll be home in time to go to bed for school. I'll even sleep with you so you get a good nights rest okay?" Yoongi said reaching over the middle console in his car to hold Jimin's hand like they usually do in the car. The two boys drove for another 20 minutes until they got to Jimin's favorite place in the entire world. The mall. It had so many stores and arcades and things that Jimin just loved. They got out and were met by 4 other people, Namjoon, Jin, Taehyung, and Hoseok, who all greeted Jimin with hugs, all except for Hoseok.
   "Hey Jimin. Happy birthday." Hoseok said kinda shyly. Taehyung walked over and grabbed Hoseok's hand. "Yeah, happy birthday." Taehyung repeated.
   "Hoseok, I know some of the things you've done. I hope you aren't proud of them. Taehyung is my friend, I want to support him." Jimin said. He turned his attention away from Hoseok to Taehyung. "Tae, does he make you happy?" Taehyung nodded. Jimin looked over at Jin. "Only if you're comfortable." Jin was quiet for a second. He looked over at Hoseok and back at Jimin.
   "Something different. Taehyung has changed him. I'm comfortable."
Jimin walked over to Hoseok and Taehyung.
   "Then Taehyung I support you. Hoseok don't mess this up." Jimin gave Hoseok a hug, and Yoongi felt a ping of jealousy.
   "Okay that's enough. Let's go." The 6 boys spent the rest of the afternoon running around coming in and out of stores, playing games, buying anything and everything that they could until they absolutely had to quit. Jimin stood at a tall shelf looking at all the cool gadgets that were sitting on it. Yoongi walks up behind him and hugs him from behind.
   "Notice me. I'm needy." Yoongi whined trying to get Jimin to turn around.
   "I know your needy." Jimin said laying his head back to rest it on Yoongi's shoulder. They stood there for a minute, looking at the things on the shelf.
   "Are you having a good time?" Yoongi asked. Jimin nodded slightly and yawned.
   "What time is it?" Jimin asked
   "10 till closing." Jimin head popped up. 9:50 and he was out and didn't tell Yuna.
   "Calm down goody goody. Mom knows we're here. She said that because I'm a responsible adult we can stay out late but not too late. You still have school." Yoongi said reassuring Jimin. "Come on. We better go home. We don't wanna get locked in." Yoongi said. Jimin nodded and stood straight up. He grabbed Yoongi's hand and they walked out of the store to meet the rest of the group.
   When the boys got home, Yuna was already asleep on the couch. The two boys quietly walked up to Yoongi's room and locked the door. Jimin walked over and plopped down onto his bed and was soon joined my Jimin.
   "Oh shit I almost forgot." Yoongi said climbing over Jimin and running over to his desk drawer. He turned around with a small box in his hand. Jimin sat up on the bed as Yoongi slowly walked over to him. He handed the box to Jimin who hesitantly opened it. Inside was a small flash drive that had "J+Y" on the side. Jimin stood up and walked over to the computer that stood on the desk.
When he plugged in the flash drive a video popped up.
   "Play it." Yoongi said nervously behind Jimin. It was a slide show of pictures Yoongi had taken of Jimin and Jimin had taken of Yoongi or pictures that had taken together. Just pictures of them. All the way back to Febuary when Jimin arrived to October 10th, just the day before. Yoongi sat behind Jimin blushing how cheesey the whole thing was but he liked it. At the end of the slideshow was a a note that read:
    "Park Jimin. My best friend, my boyfriend, the love of my life. I want you to know how much you mean to me. I know you risked a lot to be with me and I hope you're glad that you did. We've been through some tough times and we powered through them. I love you so so so much babe. I'm with you...forever and always<3..."
   At the end of the video Jimin turned around to see Yoongi siting on the floor watching his hands in his lap.
   "Min Yoongi." Jimin said. Yoongi looked up at Jimin who looked very serious. "Could you stand up please." Yoongi did as he was asked and stood up, followed by Jimin. Jimin slowly walked closer to Yoongi and wrapped his arms around his neck. He rested his forehead against Yoongi's and closed his eyes as a tear streamed down his face.
   "Jimin are you okay?" Yoongi asked wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist and pulling him closer.
   "Yea. I just... I love you and I love everything you've done for me and I know you didn't expect to fall in love with me but I'm so glad you did and I was just thinking of the day that you and I slept by the river and how peaceful it was and how peaceful our lives are going to be in 2 days." Yoongi leaned forward and kissed Jimin. Jimin focused on the feeling that he got when Yoongi kissed him.
   "Jimin I love you too and I can't wait for your birthday and I can't wait to live and be happy with you." Yoongi said. He grabbed Jimin's hands and led him to the bed. Yoongi laid down and Jimin followed. Yoongi kissed Jimin's forehead and told him goodnight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jimin." Yoongi said trying to wake his  sleeping boyfriend.
"What?"
"Come on. Mr. Kim is here. He wanted to visit you for your birthday"
Jimin opened his eyes to see the same familiar ceiling that was in Yoongi's room.
"Oh right. Is it 5:00 already?" Jimin asked still a little dazed from his nap.
"Yea. You said you weren't feeling well and you fell asleep on the couch so I brought you up here." Yoongi said helping Jimin sit up. Jimin nodded and crawled out of bed to walk downstairs and meet Mr. Kim.
   "Happy birthday kiddo. You're officially out of the system. I pushed you through today." Mr. Kim said giving Jimin a half hug.
   "Awe that means you can't be my little foster baby anymore." Yuna said a little sadly. Jimin walked over and gave Yuna a hug.
   "You'll always be my mom." Jimin said. Yuna chuckled and walked into the living room followed by Mr. Kim, Jimin, and Yoongi. The room was silent and awkward for a moment.
   "So Jimin I have something important to talk to you about. This is really serious and if you don't take it seriously then there will be consequences." Mr. Kim said in a calm,serious tone. Jimin nodded his head for Mr. Kim to continue.
   "So, I'm not stupid or oblivious. I am a considerably smart man and I have observed certain things over the past few months." Jimin was confused as to what Mr. Kim was talking about but he was worried.
    "What kinds of things have observed?" Jimin asked the older man.
   "Like how close you and Yoongi have come. How much you care for each other. Things like that." Mr. Kim said. He was dancing around his point. He was hoping that Jimin would take a hint, to no such luck.
   "Okay. I don't see the problem." Jimin said playing stupid. He knew exactly what Mr. Kim knew but was denying it, unlike Yoongi who was oblivious to the world around him.
   "Jimin. I know about something that you tired to keep secret and-"
   "Mr. Kim please be blunt." Jimin said worried and annoyed at Mr. Kim's guessing games.
   "Mrs. Min and I know about your relationship with Yoongi." The room fell silent. Jimin and Yoongi were convinced the adults could hear their hearts pounding. Yoongi looked down to not meet his mother's eyes and Jimin stayed looking directly at Mr. Kim, determined to not back down or let him see how terrified he was. "It's okay Jimin. I haven't told anyone. I've known about it since you went into the hospital. If I was going to tell someone I would have done it all ready." Mr. Kim said. Jimin broke his stare at Mr. Kim and hung his head.
   "I'm sorry. I know how disappointed you must be. I willingly broke the rules." Jimin said. Mr. Kim chuckled.
   "Jimin I'm not angry. You've had a tough time and I want you to be happy. That's why I didn't tell anyone. I'm so happy that you found Yoongi, but we have to be careful. If anyone finds out about this you and I will be in a lot of trouble." Mr. Kim explained. Jimin looked at the older man with joy written on his face. The guilt of lying is finally gone, but he hasn't heard from Yuna yet and he was still a bit scared.
   "Mom?" Yoongi asked the older woman. "What are you thinking?" Yuna was silent at first but finally looked up and spoke.
   "Well, I'm thinking that my son and my foster son who is like a son to me should have told me instead of hiding it, but I understand why they did. I'm thinking that you should have know I was going to find out because momma always knows the truth. I'm happy you have each other. Before you, Jimin, Yoongi stayed in his room on his computer and he didn't do anything. You have him a reason to branch out and do things. I saw how much he cares for you when you were in the hospital and I love that he found you so, neither of you think I'm angry, but if you keep something like that from me again, I will be." Yuna said. Jimin and Yoongi smiled at each other. The stress and guilt was gone and they could finally be happy together.
   "Thank you so much Mr. Kim and Yuna. You don't know what this means to us." Jimin said. Yoongi grabbed Jimin's hand and smiled at him.
   "Oh Jimin, I meant to tell you. They found the boy who put you in the coma." Mr. Kim said. "Jeon Jungkook, your ex-foster brother got picked up yesterday, he awaits trial but he's basically already convicted."
   "I fucking knew it was him!" Yoongi blurted out.
   "Wait, Jungkook. He visited you in the hospital. He said he was your friend from school. Oh my goodness I had a conversation with him. He gave me an uneasy feeling though. I knew something wasn't right in his head." Yuna said.
   "Well I must be off." Mr. Kim said. He made his goodbyes then left the home.
    Yoongi and Jimin ran back up the stairs to Yoongi's bedroom.
   "Oh my god. Jimin, we don't have to hide anymore." Jimin embraced his boyfriend and held him close, taking in all the emotions that he was feeling.
   "Yoongi."
   "Yes babe?"
   "I love you."
   "I love you too."
   "Promise?"
   "Promise. Forever and always."

<3 <3