Chapter 21

Needless to say, the next two days were awkward between Roman and myself. Even more so than usual. My face would blow up in a red hot blush anytime I saw my mate because all I could think about were the intimate things he did to me during my heat. The places his warm mouth kissed and caressed. The sensitive spot his fingers so skillfully pleasured...

And there we go again. My entire face felt hot and even though it was exceptionally warm today, I couldn't blame it on the weather.

I mentally shook the image of Romans face out of my head before I continued to clean the kitchen.

Alana hadn't been feeling well this morning. She assumed it was just morning sickness due to her pregnancy, and she decided to sleep in. She was just finished her first trimester now and she made an appointment with the pack doctor for tomorrow to have a check up and make sure everything was still healthy and ok.

I decided to visit Holly at the daycare today. I had made a batch of cookies and put them in a container to bring to the kids. I absolutely loved the kids and I couldn't wait until I could have one or two of my own.

On my first visit to the daycare, Alana had introduced me as Roman's mate and Luna of the pack. I had gotten a lot of mixed reactions to that. Some of them thought Roman was a 'big cool superhero Alpha' and some were excited that their pack had a Luna. There were the odd few skeptics' though, who said I didn't look or smell like the Luna and although I knew that was pure children's innocence, I was still hurt because even they could tell I wasn't the true Luna yet.

Slipping on my white Keds to match my white summer dress, I grabbed the cookies and put them in a bag and started to walk to the daycare. I didn't want to risk taking a car when I couldn't ask anyone if it was ok for me to just take one. Alana usually drove us and she told me I didn't have to ask but I still felt a bit uncomfortable doing it.

The walk would only take about 45 minutes and the weather was warm and breezy so I didn't really mind.

After about 10 minutes of walking, I saw someone driving down this very quiet dirt road in some kind of topless red sports car. I moved more off to the side of the road to get out of the way for when they passed but instead of continuing on, the car slowed down to a stop right beside me.

I got slightly nervous as I kept walking until someone called out to me, "Hey gorgeous!"

My eyes quickly glanced at the driver but I didn't recognize him although I could smell his werewolf scent. Keeping my head forward, I continued walking and tried to ignore him.

The car crawled along the road beside me, "Aw, come on cutie. Don't be like that. Looks like you're heading into town, why don't I give you a lift?"

I shook my head and kept walking, "Thanks but no thanks."

The guy gave a low chuckle, "Will you at least stop walking for a second?"

With a sigh I stop abruptly and turn to face him.

The guy sitting behind the wheel is undoubtedly super attractive, with a white t-shirt and aviator shades and his wind swept dirty blonde hair, he looks like some guy out of a magazine. The kind of guy that Megan and Clarissa and myself used to always gush about.

He gives me a very charming smile, showing off his perfectly straight, white teeth, "Wow, you really are gorgeous."

Rolling my eyes, I shift the weight of my bags shoulder strap and start walking again as I say, "If you are just going to hit on me then keep driving."