Chapter One the Beacon's Guard

A large bang fills the air, screams of fear could be heard for miles as claws sliced easily into the werewolf's arm. The girl's adoptive parents watched fearfully nearby, comforting their 14-year-old as she watched her aunt be rendered unconscious. ignoring her parents attempt, she stood shaking with anger. Apple red met a glowing sunset of rage as the werehyena laughed menacingly. Three inch long teeth bared as she snarled at the two alphas, the saliva dripping from her mouth nearly acidic. Ennis, an alpha she had known personally, smiled sadistically.

"Awww..." the female alpha cooed mockingly, "Is the wittle puppy angwy? Are you going to protect your woved wons?" Artemis' eyes turned almost red, bones popping out of place noisily. Matted dusty brown fur sprouted from her skin as she grew to at least seven feet tall. Both alphas looked shocked at the looming figure above them, their blood cold. A deep, echoey voice spoke to them from the figure,

" Leave. Or I will rip you apart. Limb from limb. With my teeth." Exchanging a look to one another, they ran with Cora draped over Ennis' shoulder. Unknowing that the werehyena was pursuing them, they led her straight to the town where they were keeping a male beta hostage.

Over the past few weeks, animal carcasses had been found in the forest of Beacon Hills rather often. Everyone in the town seemed to be waiting for a man or woman to be attacked, but none were. Derek Hale knew something was up, and that was why he was waiting for Isaac, Scott, and Stiles to emerge from the school in front of him. So for the first time in years, he thought about the fire. Cora had only been six then, and Artemis... Tears came to the man's eyes at the thought of the youngest Hale, escaping his attempts to hold them back.

"Derek wh-" Stiles Stilinski stumbled backwards, shocked. "Are you crying? I never thought I would see the day! Honestly, the big bad wolf crying. Like a little ba-" He was cut off by Scott's reprimanding look,

"What's going on? How are you crying?" Isaac questioned confused, " I thought you had no emotions other than anger." Derek glared, all sorrow disappearing from his eyes.

"Animals are being attacked and eaten by something, authorities have decided to leave it be until this 'animal' attacks someone. I think it might be something supernatural, so I need you three." A confused look appeared on Stiles' face,

"What do you mean three? Allison isn't here, Boyd and Erica are missing and we still don't know what Lydia is!" Derek stared at Stiles exasperatedly, as Scott looked at Derek expressionless.

"Why do you want Stiles to come?" Pale green eyes rolled in their sockets, annoyed.

"Get in, all of you. Unless you want a black eye of course."

A werehyena bolted away from a pursuing hunter, dodging bullets before they were even shot. Three werewolves suddenly appeared, blocking her escape from the hunter. Snarling, the creature laughed before shifting into a young female.

"What do you want?" she snapped, orange orbs of hatred glaring at them impatiently. Derek Hale stumbled backwards, allowing an unseen human named Stiles Silinski to step forward.

"Umm... You were killing animals. To death."

"No. I was killing them with cuddles." She snapped sarcastically, " So do you want me to kill more animals? Or may I be on my way?" Derek seemed to have come out of his shock,

"We just want to be sure that you don't kill any innocent people." The hyena laughed,

"So you are giving me permission to kill anyone but children?" Derek rolled his eyes exasperatedly.

"No. You cannot kill any more living creatures."

"Or what? You'll rip my throat out like a big bad alpha?" Glaring, Derek allowed his eyes to flash red as he attempted to command the girl.

"Leave the living creatures alone. Leave this place and never return." Sirens rang in the distance, growing ever closer. Sadly, the creature shook her head. Scott stepped forward and watched the girl's head droop.

"Why can't you leave? Are you hurt?" the girl's head jerked up, her eyes now a dusty green.

"My aunt was taken by Deucalion's pack. I tracked them here a few weeks ago. The reason I've been killing animals is for food. If you want me to stay imprisoned somewhere, well I can act like a crazy person when the police arrive." Derek nodded, understanding, staring sadly at the girl like she was a ghost.

"Put your hands up! Don't move." the girl smirked and whispered before over exuberantly throwing her hands into the air.

"The name's Hale, Artemis Hale."

The officers at Beacon Hills Police Department were having a field day with the obviously insane girl sitting in their interrogation room. With all the trouble she was giving them, they were happy to hand the talking to the sheriff.

"What is your name?" the girl giggled happily,

"Sharah the Destroyer of Butter!" her giggles turned into full blown hysterical laughter as she pulled on her cuffs, digging them deeper into her already bleeding flesh.

"Well then Sharah, where do you live?" 'Sharah' coughed up blood, her laughter never faltering.

"Home gone! Hehe! Fire! Explosions! They are all dead! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" She belched loudly, blood pouring from her mouth.

"What were their names?"

"There was the moon goddess." the girl's eyes went wide in fear. "And there was a lot of hail falling from the sky. Shouted for help they did, yes. The bear was named Der and the moose Ek. Yup! Der and Ek. Der and Ek asked for help. Moon goddess said no and blood rained from the sky!!!" Insane laughter rippled through her mouth, causing her to choke on blood. Sheriff Stilinski sighed, leaving the room.

"Call Eichen House, they have a new inmate." Behind them, when not even the cameras saw her, Artemis smirked at her success. Not so far away, Cora Hale sniffed the air for the familiar scent of her niece ferally.

AN

Yay! Artemis knows how to act. :)

Do you think the group will get her message?

What do you think the message was?

-Rex S. Wolff (New Pen Name!)