A scam gone wrong

Edited 4/3/17

It was early in the morning when i joined Maxine and Janeece with fundraising a couple of streets over from mine "its about time, what time do you call this" Janeece asked and I groaned  "sorry im late, how much have you made?" I asked "just scored a tenner off the old lady who lives here" said Maxine as the old lady walked out and handed us the tenner "wicked" I said as I looked at the money in the pot that we had  "come on were going to be late for school" said janeece "" do we have to" I said  "come on misery guts we cant be done for bunking" Max said "and wouldn't my mum love that" I said "you don't talk about your family" said Max "there's a reason for that we...our relationship its not the best.... its complicated" I said

 We got to school and noticed were late for practice "where have you three been" Mr Clarkson asked "fundraising sir" I said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world and he looked at me as if to say 'cut the attitude Sophie' and  nodded "right go get changed" he said and I went to walk off "Sophie, not you" he said and I rolled my eyes "sir?" "i cant have my best player slacking off practice, especially with the game tonight, you need to get in as much practice as necessary" he said "yes sir....sorry sir" I said as I headed off to change. After practice I met up with chlo to head to the changing rooms to get ready for registration with Mr Clarkson. After registration we went to English with the team spirit "who are ya!" we chanted as we sat down "you out" said Miss Koreshi to Janeece "me, what have I done, for saying who are ya!" she asked as the rest of us began chanting again "right the lot of you, after school detention 3.15 today" koreshi said and I looked at chlo "you cant do that" I said "watch me Sophie" she said and Max turned round to look at us "the match" she said "i know" "Toms going to go ape" chlo said "its her fault, just because she cant handle the class"  I said as I sunk down in my seat if she thinks im participating in this lesson she can jog on.

After break I sat in French "can you believe it stopping us playing in our first ever football match" Max said "tell me about it, its not as if im going" I said "you serious" Janeece asked me and I looked at her "what do you think" "she is" Max said "im sure Miss Koreshi did what she thought was best" Miss Haydock said "please, she only did it because she cant handle a load of teenagers why teach if you cant handle it" I said "its not easy being a teacher you know Sophie Mason, especially when it come to teaching gobby sods like you" she said and I looked at Chlo, Max and Janeece who were laughing "im insulted miss" I said as the bell went and we all stood up for lunch "everyone back to your seats" Mr Lawson said as he walked into the class "what were not even aloud to have our lunch now" Janeece asked "please Jan, we wont be aloud to breath next" I said "they just want us to starve" Chlo said "i second that" I said "quiet" Mr Lawson said and I slugged down into my chair "here's the deal, you have to give something back to me and Miss Koreshi" Mr Lawson said and I looked at Max who had the same look on her face, as if to say 'is he for real' "to make sure that you win tonight, Miss Koreshi has kindly decided to postpone detention" he said "get in" I said

At lunch we headed to practice when Mr Clarkson came in "our new assistant coach, Miss Koreshi" Mr Clarkson said and I looked to Max and Janeece "what is she doing here" I said  "she's only trying to get into Clarkson's short" Janeece said and Maxine snorted "i could think of worse things" she said "i wouldn't mind" I said as I smirked at Mr Clarkson "Sophie Mason, you are terrible" Maxine said and I smirked "i know" I said "sir, we were thinking of going to pick the kits up we have a free next" Janeece said to Mr Clarkson "well, you three worked really hard ill have a word with Mr Lawson" he said and we headed out for practice. After practice we headed into town to pick up the strips ,afterward we headed back to school after picking up the new kits and we also bought some cider for after the match. I was walking through the school hall late for class "Sophie Mason a word" Mr Clarkson called, I groaned great what does he want "yeah" I said as I turned round to face him "in the classroom, I want a word with you" He said and I sighed "im late for class" I said "never bothered you before, don't worry this will only take a few minutes please tell me that you, Maxine and Janeece haven't been conning locals" he asked and I glanced at the ground "i cant do that sir" I said  he sighed "im disappointed in you Sophie, you'll have to wait and see what Mr Rimmer says" he said and I nodded and felt bad not for conning the local but because Mr Clarkson was disappointed in me, why do I care what he thinks he's just a teacher.

 I headed off to get changed for the match "why have a got a three" Janeece asked as she looked at the number on the back of her top "its your IQ" Max said "no,that would be a one" I said "shut it" Janeece said and we laughed before heading off to play the match. At half time we were loosing and I noticed that Max and Janeece had gone, typical they had left me in it, just great. After the match Mr Rimmer came in as did Mr Lawson with Maxine and janeece who had guilty faces, we exchanged a look that Mr Clarkson caught as he made eye contact with me and  lets say according to Rimmer we wont have a football team and the three of us are in detention for a while. ."Sophie?" Mr Clarkson said as I went to leave the changing room, it was then I noticed I was the last one "sir?" " honestly scamming that's  not like you at all Sophie, I'm really disappointed in you, you can join me in detention at lunch for the next two weeks" "you don't know me at all" I said "that's not true...I know you better than you think" he said and I walked to the door of the changing room while he turned his back on me "I'm really sorry sir" I said and he looked at me and we made eye contact. I don't know why it bothered me so much that he was disappointed it was as if I had to have his approval and I didn't feel bad for scamming those folks until Mr Clarkson said he was as disappointed, why is his opinion so important to me?.

As soon as I got home I dumped my kit and football boots at the bottom of the stairs before heading for a shower to get the mud off of me. Then I decided to head to bed before my mum got in from her late meeting, which she wouldn't tell me about.