A trip to Blackpool

Updated 22/3/17

I lay in bed next to sam I had stopped at hers last night she'd had a tough night "you okay?" I asked her "honestly soph, im terrified" she said "ive never died myself so I couldn't tell you how it feels like but I imagine it will be like falling asleep in the end" I said "trust you to always lighten the mood" she said. I headed down the stairs to see tom, he also stopped he followed up the duvet he was sleeping with "hey" I said to him "hi" I said as I stood in the doorway watching him "you look tired" I said to him "Im fine" he said. I headed back up the stairs and found tom sitting with sam "its my dad" sam said "sam hes dangerous" I said "look, can you take me to him" sam said "your not well enough" tom said as he headed out of the door "sophie, come on we need to get you to school" tom said as I nodded my head and followed him to the car.

I had just gotten to school and was at my locker when lauren came running up to me "there you are" she said "what" I asked "it sam, she needs us she said it was urgent come on" she said I slammed my locker shut and followed her out where we met up with finn. we headed off to sams and handed us an address "is this for your dad" I asked her and she nodded "theres no phone number" finn said "i don't want to phone him I want to see him, face to face" sam said "are you sure that's wise I mean all hes ever done is hurt you" lauren said "well I wasn't dying then I need to see him, please" sam said "your mums going to go mental" lauren said "we'll go before she gets back, I have the address and I know where to go I just cant not without you three" sam said "come on then" finn said. we got a bus and within an hour we were in Blackpool "you don't have to do this sam" I said "i know but I need to speak to him before I die" she said "but what if he upsets you, your already upset to start with" finn said "i cant die not without doing this" she said as finn pushed her to the beach in the wheelchair.

we walked a long a beach until we got to the address where this old witch or sams nan lived. "stupid old witch" I said as we left the house "lets go for lunch" lauren said as we headed off to a near by café and ordered some food "sam, the guys just a genetic fact of your life, a bad gene if that just forget about him" lauren said "that's asy for you to say, lauren you've got the perfect dad he watches your school plays he takes you on holiday gives a toss if you do well in your GCSE's,looks after you when you were poorly, imagine if you had cancer" sam said "at least you three know who your dad is" I said "soph, im sorry" sam said "don't worry about it" I said as I took a sip of my coke "i only wanted him to tell me how much he loved me, but he doesn't care so why should I" sam said "okay we didn't find your dad, but were in blackpool I don't know about you three but ive never been up that tower" finn said "and theres a pleasure beach" said lauren "sam, you've got us whether you like it or not" I said lauren and I took sam outside of the restaurant as finn came running out "run,i didn't pay the bill" he said as we ran with lauren pushing the wheelchair.

we stood at the top of blackpool tired "its amazing" sam said "if I were you and you were afraid of height I wouldn't look down" I said "yeah there like  ants" lauren said "its like your actually in the sky, just birds and clouds and then ill be up there" sam said  "sam" I said "don't you want to know, where you go" she asked "i want you here, now your my best friend and you'll always will be no matter where we are" lauren said "but I will be gone and you two will be sad" sam said "i don't want you to go sam" I said "me neither" lauren said "here we are" finn said as he came up with tickets "its about time" I said, as we head down to the beach and on the rides. "she needs this" I said to lauren as finn and sam went on a haunted ride "i know" she said. "rollercoaster" sam asked lauren "um, go no lauren you know I don't do heights" I said as they went off onto the rollercoaster and I stood with finn "its not gong to be the without sam" finn said "i know, I still think ill wake up and this will all be a horrible dream" I said. The ride was over a me and finn walked over "we should get going" finn said "no, I want to go swimming" she said "she wants to go swimming" finn said as he shook his head "best not to argue with her" I said as I got the wheelchair and pushed her to the beach.

"why does it have to be skinny dipping" lauren asked "because shes a perv, I should know" finn said "no, its because its something ive never done before" sam said "yeah and ive never shot anyone but you don't see me doing that" I said "its suppose to be like your flying free" sam said "im not going to be flying free with no pants on" lauren said "wimp" sam said "what if something happens" I asked sam "okay, if I cant do it then yous do it" sam said "not going to happen" I said "please soph" " sam its not like I wont its that I cant, ive never told anyone but im eighteen and I cant swim" "Okay, lauren and finn its up to you" sam said as they wet off into the water and I sat on the steps with sam. "soph, should be go get some drinks" lauren asked after they got out of the ocean "sure" I said as we walked off "lauren ,sophie" called tom "we only came cause sam wanted to" lauren said "i know" he said as we stood and watched sam and finn "are you okay" tom asked me "can I have a hug, I could really do with one" I said as he hugged me and I buried my head in his neck. Before we headed back down to the steps as tom pulled sam into a hug "its beautiful isn't it?" he asked looking into the sea "yeah, though I think its time to go home" sam said soon we got in the car ad drive back to school and tom got out of the car to get denzil "i love you" I said to sam "i love you too" she said and I walked up to my mums office "mum?" I said and she smiled at me and pulled me into a hug "you okay" she asked "no, its hard watching her get sicker and sicker" I said "i know, come on do you want to go home?" she asked "no, I need to go see tom" I said as I walked to sams to find tom drinking a glass of scotch "the scotch again" I asked him as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

I sat with denzil "you okay kidda" I asked him "is this it, is she going tonight" he asked "i don't know kidda, but it looks that way" I said as we head up the stairs and sat outside of her bedroom door. "shes gone" tom said as he walked out of the bedroom hours later I pulled him into a hug as he cried on my shoulder "at least shes not in pain anymore" I said as I bit my lip to stop myself from crying "its okay soph, to be upset" he said as I let my tears fall and I looked up to the sky, I love you forever Sambuca Kelly.