Neighbors, Part 1 [Makoto Tachibana]

I might make a second part, so pardon me if there's not much action here!

Just please tell me if you actually do want me to continue this.

Thanks for reading~~

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Moving was the worst.

You, out of all people, would know that.

You lived with your parents, who constantly moved due to their stupid business.
Thanks to the constant moving, you found yourself becoming more and more introverted, finding the luxury of friendships unnecessary.
Why have friends if you were gonna move soon?

But this year, was different.
Supposedly.

You were currently seated on your desk chair, reading the leather-bound book gifted to you by your father.

Your reading was interrupted by a call from the kitchen.
"(Y/N)! Can you come and help me unpack the rest of the boxes?"

That question alone made you furrow your eyebrows together in confusion, considering the fact that your father was the one who always helped out with the boxes.
Still, you complied to your mother's request and made your way downstairs, finding your mom with a medium-sized cardboard box in her arms.

"Where's dad? Isn't he supposed to be the one helping you now?"
You had to ask.

Her eyes practically sparkled as she spoke, a small smile creeping onto her face.
"He's gone to meet the neighbors."

'What? Neighbors? He usually doesn't bother...'
You let the question linger at the back at your mind and simply shrugged, taking the box from your mother's hands.
"I'll take this."

----

It's been a few days since you've settled in, and everything's been pretty peaceful.
You haven't bothered to greet any of the neighbors, against the protests from your father, whom had mentioned they had a child your age.
But, you weren't a kid, you didn't need a playmate or anything of that sort.
You were left best to read in solitude.

And that was exactly what you were planning to do this fine Sunday.

You took the book which was placed on your bedside table, eager to continue the book that's been calling for your attention ever since this morning.
You then quickly skipped out of your room, heading down to the living room and plopping down on the plush love seat accommodated near the actual sofa.

You were only a few pages in when suddenly, a loud whirr interrupted your peaceful quiet, an irk mark appearing on your forehead.
"What the hell? It's 7:00am!"

No one's that noisy this early and on a weekend, so what gives?

You groaned and flung the book onto the seat as you sat up, drawing open the curtains of the front window.
And man, were you surprised at what you saw.

Right there, on your lawn, there was a giant.
Well, compared to you, the emerald-eyed male certainly was a giant.

But not only was the boy on your lawn, he was mowing it.
Quite loudly.

And on top of that, the boy had headphones on, and was dancing as he worked.

The sight itself was impossible not to giggle at, causing you to almost forget the reason why you were standing there laughing at this fairly attractive male in the first place.

He had interrupted your reading.

You stormed out the front door, catching the male's attention with your mere prescence.
He stopped the lawn mower, taking off his earbuds before greeting you with an awkward smile.
You could see a faint blush on his cheeks, probably because you had caught him dancing.
The dance moves were quite adorable, but you weren't going to say anything on that matter.
"O-oh! Hello there. You're (Y/N), right?"

You became perplexed by his statement, confused as to how he knew you.
"How do you...?"

The boy gave you a crooked smile once again, scratching the back of his neck.
"Well, Your father warned me about you."
He finished his statement with a lighthearted chuckle, causing butterflies to erupt in your stomach.

It was impossible this boy could be so adorable in the span of a few minutes.
Then, a realization hit you.
"Oh! You're one of our neighbors?"

"Yup! I'm Tachibana Makoto, it's very nice to meet you!"

Your lips upturned into the slightest of smiles, surprising even yourself with the words that came our of your mouth.
"Ah, well it's very nice to meet you, Makoto. I hope we'll get to be friends."

The boy once again smiled at you, making you wonder if your original intentions had been foiled by his charisma somehow.
"I hope so too!"
The boy then ran a hand through his chocolate locks, his head tilting to the side slightly.
"Uh, do you mind if can continue mowing the lawn? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you guys but my father insisted me to do Mr.(L/N) a favor with this... I-I'll stop if you want me to, though!!"

You waved your hand at him dismissively, completely disregarding your original intentions.
"It's fine! I-I'm heading inside anyways. Thank you for the favor!"
And with those words, you waved him a small goodbye, heading back inside and leaning against the door once it closed.

'Stupid, stupid, stupid.
You were supposed to ask him to stop.

Well, at least you have a possible friend...'