t r ē s

I L L U M I N A T E

      "Tonight, the moon kisses the stars."  ~ Rumi.

                               ****

           Sometimes..doing less is doing a lot. Like what I'm doing right now....

               Looking at the pitch black sky makes me a little uneasy. The stars flickering, uncertain as to what will the future hold for them. They are anxious. They are worried. Everybody wants to live. Shine bright. But let's face it.. Everybody is afraid. And we shake. Tremble. Skip a few heart beats.

           Everybody is afraid of life.

                 But looking at the moon, so calm, so bright, it makes me wonder... What about the moon? Why doesn't it flicker? Hitch? Tremble?

                 I bet that there is a scientific explanation to it. Although, it is out of my reach to understand it. But I'm sure you guys, my dear friends know why.

         However, sometimes, I think, it's best that I don't know. Otherwise, where's the happiness in that?

                 Let me tell you a story.

                  Once upon a time, lived a tiny star. Afraid of all the other ones. Always was picked on. All the other stars would shine ten times brighter than this little star. He was hidden all the time. And somehow, this little star stopped trying. To shine brighter. And that's because he lost all his tiny star friends.

                   They say that every heart breaks so that more light comes in. And that's exactly what happened to this star.

             Looking down at his centre, he found a beam of light showing him a way. A beam of hope.  So he followed this light. This light that was blinding. He couldn't believe it! Would people on earth see him? What was happening?

                    Keeping all those puzzling questions to himself, he continued to follow the path this light was showing him. He only found himself shining brighter and brighter as he continued his passing journey.

     At last, he reached his destination.
                           The moon.

                       The moon took care of this tiny star. Made him feel special. Showed love. And made him the brightest and happiest star there could ever be! Or at least, that's what the little tiny star thought.

     Do you know who these lovely people are?

                     My mom is the moon in my life. She showed me the way. I never really talked to her. I was always to myself. Eddie, Matthew, Carly and all of them were my greatest friends. But I was left behind. They were smarter than me. And they knew it.

                      But one night, when my mother dearest caught me crying to myself, she held me as tight as she could and told me that she would always be my best friend.

                       And she is.

                     She never stopped me from doing anything. Let me do what I want. And that's the way it should be, I think.

                    My mother couldn't give me everything I wanted. She couldn't send me to a special school. But she could give me somethings that nobody else could.

      Her love, her kisses and her food.

                     I am looking at the moon kissing the stars. I am looking at the moon being strong for the stars. Confident and well educated about life. The moon knows just what it is doing. The moon is strong because it has seen it's  dark days...

                      And as for the stars? The stars are tingling with excitement. I am looking at the moon showing me a way to my happiness. My haven. And guess what? Even the stars are helping me out a little too..

The stars dancing around painting the sky with their yellow bright paint. Drawing various shapes and figures only making the sky prettier. The moon smiling wider looking at her little stars happy.

Sometimes, I wonder if I can join the stars in their little celebration. Dance around with them. Have fun with them. Play games and draw new masterpieces with them...

However, I doubt mom would let me go to the party. Especially, if it is so far away.

So my dear friends, let's have a little celebration of our own,  shall we?

Look up at the stars and listen to them. They are all saying something. And if you see a tiny one,shining brightly gleaming with joy, that's me.. Saying hi.

Note: I'm really tiny. You may not find me... But don't worry. I'm there. I'm right there. Partying with your thoughts... Looking for the little things.

A little busy partying at the moment,
Wesley.

*********

             Time: 2:45 am ( I think.)