A Place For Second Chances

The two months flew by and it was already time for the two men to revisit their home which was certainly a relief. Though they'd be back at sea within a few weeks the feeling of being home sent an overwhelming warmth throughout the twins.

"Feels good to be home huh, Sixer?" Stan placed a hand on his brothers back. They had to take the bus from Reedsport to Gravity Falls which took an unpleasant amount of time but they were finally home and waiting for them at the bus stop was none there than Fiddleford who was beaming with joy.

"Sure does." Ford answered his brother before running over to hug Fiddleford who held onto him tightly with tears in his eyes.

"I missed ya' you old owl!" Fiddleford laughed and kissed Fords hand gently then looked back at Stanley. "Thank ya' for keepin' yer' brother safe." Fiddleford chuckled and Stanley smiled awkwardly.

"S'no problem." Stan and Fiddleford never did get along very well but maybe he could try to be nicer to him, for the sake of his brothers happiness, he'd do anything. Besides, now it would seen he and Fiddleford do have a bit in common, I'll be it not very good things but it's something, well that and they'd both do anything for Stanford.

"How's bout we head to the mansion? Tate's waitin'." Fiddleford suggested and led them to the car.

"I'll meet y'guys there, think I'm gonna' stop by the shack first." Stan started walking off backwards, almost falling in the process. The shack wasn't too far from the stop and he didn't want to get in the way of any 'family' business Ford may have to attend to with Fiddleford.

"Stanley, I'm sure we could drop you off at the shack." Ford offered but Stan just waved back and continued. "Sometimes I worry about him..." Ford sighed because he really did worry about his brother, after what happened to him with Bill Ford always had a seed of worry in the back of his mind.

"I'm sure he jus' doesn' wanna be 'roun us." Fiddleford laughed and held onto Fords hand which definitely helped Ford relax. "I'm glad yer' home darlin'." To most people home is a place you feel safe but is also a place you get tired of but to Fiddleford and Ford home is a place you never want to leave, a place to be you and to finally be happy, it's a chance to make amends and be free from your past mistakes.

"So am I." Ford kissed Fiddlefords forehead and then looked up, noticing the falling golden leaves, glistening beautifully in the suns sparkling rays. "Home." Ford said quietly and squeezed Fiddlefords hand lightly.

"Ready to go?" Fiddleford was a bit confused but smiled anyway. It was already a beautiful day and Ford just made it so much better, though something still felt off, that was normal nowadays. Ford nodded and put his suitcase in the back seat of Fiddlefords definitely pre-owned car, considering it still smelled of cigarette smoke, even though Fiddleford didn't smoke, unlike Stanley, which was rather annoying out at sea.

It didn't take very long to arrive at the mansion, it was only about a fifteen minute drive. Once there Ford didn't even have a chance to get his suitcase out before he was pulled inside by his partner who seemed very excited for some reason, which made Ford happy though he'd still like to get his stuff out of the car he guessed that could wait.

As the entered the large building Ford could smell sugar cookies (his favorite cookie) which was certainly a welcomed aroma. There were vases filled with different types of flowers every corner, and most importantly, a table with a large bowl of jellybeans.

Fiddleford smiled proudly as he watched Ford practically run over to the bowl and start picking out oddly shaped colorful beans. "Thought you'd like those." Fiddleford laughed because he didn't 'think' Ford would, he knew Ford would.

"Thank you so much Fiddleford!" Ford hugged Fiddleford and picked him up in his arms, kissing him softly. Ford was incredibly happy, though most would see it as a small gesture it just showed how much Fiddleford cared and knew him.

"Uhh...dad?" Ford turned around to see Tate standing there watching. He but Fiddleford down carefully and stepped away. Tate was in his thirties now and undoubtedly hated Ford by this point, which hurt Ford but he didn't want to act like it, it's his own fault to begin with.

"Oh! Howdy Tater Tot! Look who's back!" Fiddleford grabbed Fords arm and Ford looked around with a panicked expression, worried as to what Tate would say.

"...Hey, Doctor Pines?" Tate waved awkwardly, it's been thirty years, what was he supposed to say exactly? 'Oh yeah I remember you, you destroyed my fathers sanity thus destroying my future too. Didn't I call you dad?' That would be a bit too honest for now.

"Long time no see kiddo..." Last time Ford saw Tate, he was roughly his age. It was weird, it almost felt like time travel. This was all almost too much for Ford to process, though yes, he tried to talk to Tate prior to this he wouldn't show his face around Ford so this was definitely a step up, he wondered if Fiddleford had a talk with him.

"Yeah..." Tate hadn't seen this man since he was five, this man ruined everything, why on Earth does his father speak so fondly of him? Like he did nothing wrong? Little did Tate know, Ford wondered the same thing. A dead silence rung throughout the house. It felt as though you get hear a pen drop from miles away.

"How 'bout we unpack your suitcase?" Fiddleford finally broke the silence, almost giving Ford a heart attack in the process. He grabbed Fords hand and pulled him back outside.

"H..he's changed so much." It was a ridiculous thing for Ford to say,considering it HAD been thirty or so years since he lost saw him.

"Sure has..." Fiddleford sighed, he didn't remember much of what happened the day he left Ford but he did remember one thing. "Do you uhh... recall them notes I left?" He asked sheepishly as Ford shut the car door and his face grew pale as he nodded.

"T...the important parts, yes..." Ford answered nervously, he thought he wouldn't have to look back on that day but what a foolish and absurd thought that was.

"I'm sorry for lyin' to ya like that..." Fiddlefords knee began to bounce as his nerves grew. Ford put his hand in Fiddlefords and squeezed reassuringly.

"You just wanted what was best for him, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that." He kissed Fiddlefords cheek, helping him calm down and get his leg to cease it's frantic bouncing. "Does...he know?" Ford asked in a quiet and calming voice.

"No...I don' think so." Fiddleford leaned on Ford who nodded and started walking inside. "Hey, wait, this is gonna sound...odd... but ya don' mind if I climb on your back do ya?" He was right, that did sound odd but Ford knew that it was probably just one of Fiddlefords many new habits he had yet to get used to, though he didn't mind this one at all.

Ford chuckled. "C'mon." He reached arm out to help Fiddleford climb up and onto his back. Ford was definitely more than strong enough to carry the small man around, and it felt nice to be so close to Fiddleford anyways.

"Thank ya darlin'." Fiddleford softly kissed the back of Fords neck as he walked them back inside.