Plastic

(3rd POV)

Natasha looks back and forth from Clint to Merly.
"You sure they're going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Natasha says and smirks at Clint's reaction.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. Their cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum." Dr.Cho explains as she starts preparing the machine for Clint.

Bruce walks over to them and admires the machine. "She's creating tissue." He rephrases.

"If you had brought them to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes. Maybe a bit longer for her." Dr.Cho says while grimacing at the now healing super soldier.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony mocks as he enters the room with some nutritional drinks.

"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Tony hands Barton a drink. "Here's your beverage."

Dr.Cho chuckles at his response. "You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint answers making Dr.Cho purse her lips. "That I can't fix. This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust."

"Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." Tony adds.

Dr.Cho looks at him weirldy. "Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She hesitates a moment before asking. "Will Thor be there?"

"How is she?" Steve asks nodding over to the room covered in curtains.

Dr.Cho nods over for him to follow. "We managed to stabilize her. And her body is healing at an incredibly amazing rate." Dr.Cho says in awe at the sight of Merly's body visibly healing.

"It will be like it never happened." One of the supervising nurses mutters in awe.

"But it did." Steve adds a bit bitterly.

"When will she wake up?" Natasha asks as she walks into the room.

"Soon, either later today or early tomorrow." Dr.Cho says before exiting the room.

"So you also knew." Steve says to Natasha.

"We don't know anything for sure. It's only a small coincidence." She defends.

They both quietly argue about it for a few minutes until they get interrupted.

"For the love of god, please shut up." A grogy voice interrupts them.

Steve sighs in relief. "Oh thank god."

"Do you remember anything?" Natasha asks immediately.

"Remember what?" Merly asks while looking around confused.

"Sokovia? Strucker? Anything?" Steve lists out and Merly stares at him blankly.

"The last thing I remember is being with Sam at a HYDRA base. That's about it." She answers and stares at the ceiling in confusion.

"Why? What happened?" She asks nodding towards the machine making tissue on her own body.

"You went to Sokovia looking for the Sceptre, and got ambushed by Strucker." Nat explains.

"Ring any bells?" Steve asks hopefull on finding out why Strucker really took her.

"Nope. No bells ringing." She answers popping out the "p".

Tony knocks on the door before peaking his through the opening. "About time to wake up birdy. Remember, party saturday night." He winks at her and leaves.

Merly points towards the machine around her. "So am I being filled in with plastic?"

Nat chuckles. "Dr.Cho said recreates tissues."

"Can it recreate an entire arm?"

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°
Double update today!! yay!

Yeah..I don't know why this story took a dark turn or why I'm nearly killing my character everytime 😕

To be completely honest these past two chapters are not the best.

Anyways... the humor will come back, hopefully next chapter.

Quick question: Do you think she should/could lift Mjolnir ?